How many of you use...

Senor Carey

Observer
Your Winter Package items on your Gen 2.5?

I'm in the market for a DD/camping Gen 2.5 and I seem to be finding some, but they're all non-optioned. Truthfully, I prefer cloth seats, but I do like cars with sunroofs and, of course, want the lockers even though I may never need them. (Being a strong hobbiest mechanic, I understand that lockers can be added pretty easily).

I did have a '90 and never used the sunroof, as it was slow, leaked, and mis-placed for use by the driver. Did they ever correct these faults in the later models?

I may also be swayed by a Gen 3, but I'm not sure my wife likes the styling as much as I do. They seem to be very color and tire/wheel dependent.

What say you?

plh

Explorer
Its not a Gen 2.5 but anything is possible: my '92 RS came with cloth seats, drivers side upholstery was in pretty rough shape & didn't like to color. Had the seats re-upholstered in leather and added heat (love the heat). Added a rear locker & front LSD. No sunroof - don't want. The ARB front bumper I bought off another Montero guy had the headlight washers added to it, but I don't have the tank and pump added my truck yet (way down the list).

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I covered my leather with seat covers because they were starting to age. I use the locker on every trip up into the local mountain trails. I use the heated seats very seldom.

Clem

Adventurer
Locker - I used it so I don't have to spin the tires and tear up the trails
Seat Heater - Awesome on cold mornings
Leather Seats - I like them and now want leather in all future vehicles
Sunroof - Novelty. I've never had one before. It did leak when I got it (due to drains being plugged). Kids like it. I would be just as happy without it.
Headlight squirters - Novelty. I've used them, but haven't felt I "needed" them.

HTH,

Clem

andrewr

center lock

My 2.5 doesn't have the winter package but I've been very impressed with its abilities to deal with mud and mild rock climbing with the center lock. I'm not into any crazy rock crawling but I've pushed my Monty and have had no issues. Honestly I scared myself half to death a month ago in Vermont on a back road that quickly went from mild to "oh god I have to go over that because I can't turn around here". The truck just climbed over everything and was fine and I'm only running 31 inch all terrains that aren't very aggressive.

Its kind of amazing what these things can do in stock form with decent tires and the running boards removed. My buddy has a jeep wrangler that is lifted a bit with aftermarket bumper, etc and he can't go where the 2.5 goes without worrying about skinning the bottom off his rig.

And the 2.5 is really awesome if you want to go fast on dirt or gravel.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12