How many US Africa Twin owners out there?

maarten

Ankor wat, Cambodia

Here is my lady.

Cambodia-Ankor-wat.jpg

She has now done 210,000 kilometers. :Wow1:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I had to sell mine when I moved from France back to the states. It was one of a dozen motos I've owned over the years and the one I miss most.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Why do you say that?

It was such a fun bike. It wasn't the most exotic bike I've owned. It wasn't the most refined. It wasn't the most high tech. At the time (1996) it was just one of those bikes right off the Dakar Rally results pages. As you know, they ride nice, they're easy to handle and they're reliable. Mine was one of a few longer travel versions available in France at the time and that made mine super capable offroad.

1speed

Explorer
I was a Honda dealer when the TransAlp came to the US and I rode the wheels off our demo model.

I came REAL close to buying an Africa Twin in Tampa a few years ago. I bought a 97 Triumph Tiger instead and although I liked it, I sold it about a year later. I wish I had bought the Honda.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
So...

Why doesn't Honda import them here to the states? Look at the sales of BMW, KTM, and KLRs for example. I looked very closely at African Twins before buying my '02 Dakar last year. Just could not get over the fact that we haven't seen a new one here since 88-89.

Whatever happened to Honda in general? They used to be the leaders in bike design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior