how to pull dash cover 12v outlets on Taco? (pic)

DaveM

Explorer
I need to take this panel off to add switches to the ports (just like in the pic).

Any tips on how to pull this with out busting the little guys that hold it on?

dsc02835zj7.jpg

Clark White

Explorer
There should be screws (your's looks like plastic push pins) on either side. If you remove those, there are a few clips inside that hold it on. gently pull up and out and it should come loose. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll run out to mien real quick and see what I missed.

Clark

DaveM

Explorer
Clark White said:
There should be screws (your's looks like plastic push pins) on either side. If you remove those, there are a few clips inside that hold it on. gently pull up and out and it should come loose. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll run out to mien real quick and see what I missed.

Clark

all I see on mine are two plastic push pin guys on the side. And Im afraid these will bust if I just start pulling without thinking. Do they just pull outwards? I hate plastic dash crap, I always break it! :(

Clark White

Explorer
If you have the plastic push pins on the side I'm not sure. I just pulled mine off and if you get those out, theres just two clips (one under the cig lighter, and a matching one on the right) that will let go with just a gentle tug. As far as getting those plastic push pins out, I'm not entirely sure, those things are a huge pain. If you can reach around behind that panel then maby you can pull the side of the panel out? Or push the pin it's self out?

Firetacoma

Observer
Push in the very center of those little round things on either side.

Then it should just slide up. Unplug the wiring harness as you go.

It's been a long time since I pulled mine out, but that's what I seem to remember.

DaveM

Explorer
Firetacoma said:
Push in the very center of those little round things on either side.

Then it should just slide up. Unplug the wiring harness as you go.

It's been a long time since I pulled mine out, but that's what I seem to remember.

Holy crap! I love this board. I ask what I figure is a stupid question to a simple problem and hey presto... there's actually an answer! That worked like a charm, just popped right off. I would have pulled on those things until I heard "snap!" with out that tip. Thanks.

And hey, that was your first post too! :D

Terracoma

Adventurer
I use a very small flathead screwdriver to press in on the little pin-clips.

After that, there are two clips, one on each side of the bezel, that hold it to the dash. Pull straight out and the bezel will be freed.

Did this just the other day, as a matter of fact.

Firetacoma

Observer
DaveM said:
Holy crap! I love this board. I ask what I figure is a stupid question to a simple problem and hey presto... there's actually an answer! That worked like a charm, just popped right off. I would have pulled on those things until I heard "snap!" with out that tip. Thanks.

And hey, that was your first post too! :D

No worries! Glad it worked out for you!

And I popped my cherry! I'll have to post some pics of my rig up later.

taugust

Adventurer
Well, I have been prying on those and using a penny stuck to my finger to push OUT on the back of the center pin for years until I realized last time that center was a push button. Duh. Make sure you pop the button out all the way before reinstalling, then push flush to lock.

MandAtaco

Observer
Don't feel to bad, I broke one and lost the other before I realized how those stupid pins worked. :oops: The good news is, you can get them at Toyota for very cheap! ;)

Mike

Willman

MandAtaco said:
Don't feel to bad, I broke one and lost the other before I realized how those stupid pins worked. :oops: The good news is, you can get them at Toyota for very cheap! ;)

Mike

Ditto!!!

Gotta break one to figure how it works......

I still need to replace it too!

:REOutArchery02:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle