Howdy from Oklahoma!

JKDetonator

Adventurer
Glad to see you made it...

over from the JK-Forum. I told you you'd like these guys and their trailers! :victory:
Just let me know when you want to stop by and see mine!!:smiley_drive:
Welcome to the EXPO!

jeepersjeep

He loves Jeep!
http://www.ovexpo.com/Home.html

Gonna be great! Mark your calendar!

Not nearly as cool as the 2010 Expo but, if anyone wants to meetup in Missouri in April. We always camp at Roaring River for some fly fishing and beer drinking and alot of stories.
Just throwing it out there.

I would love to do the expo. I'll have to work on that.

Little Sahara is nice also.

I need to find a roof top tent to buy in a hurry now.

You guys have me ready to go. :drool:

jeepersjeep

He loves Jeep!
over from the JK-Forum. I told you you'd like these guys and their trailers! :victory:
Just let me know when you want to stop by and see mine!!:smiley_drive:
Welcome to the EXPO!

There you are!
I've been looking for you. Thanks alot for the site. I'm comming by tomorrow if your not busy.

S

Street Wolf

I'm up for Little Sahara usually on a moments notice. Though it would have to be on the weekend for me. The park is going 24/7, and it's free to drive out there at night, though I wouldn't suggest it to anyone with no sand driving experience since I'm not kidding you when I say some of those sand dunes are ridiculously huge. Even with as many lights as I have you still cannot judge how big of a drop off your about to come off of sometimes. Might be okay in a small group though.

Only cost like, four of five bucks during the daytime hours. Only real requirement for full size vehicles is you have to have a orange or red flag (like seen in my antenna in the pic) high enough to hit a pole at the entrance. Which you can pretty well find a flag any place in town there, and flag pole if you don't have a antenna high enough.

Would be great if we had a 'chef' in the group too that could cook up something that we all pitch in and bring. Since the town doesn't really give you a lot of options other than EPIC pizza that you must have at least once, but even that gets old.

brushogger

Explorer
Welcome jeepers! I was just admiring your jeep the other day as it drove by. I believe it was on hwy 9 by countryboy market. Beautiful truck! Next ime I see it I'll walk up and say hey. I've spent many days at little sahara. It's a blast especially if you are with a group.

Brushogger
KD5JPK

jeepersjeep

He loves Jeep!
Welcome jeepers! I was just admiring your jeep the other day as it drove by. I believe it was on hwy 9 by countryboy market. Beautiful truck! Next ime I see it I'll walk up and say hey. I've spent many days at little sahara. It's a blast especially if you are with a group.

Brushogger
KD5JPK

Wow! I never thought many people would be on here from Oklahoma.
I live 3 miles South of HWY9 down 192nd (about 4 miles from country boy).

If you see me around wave me down.:victory:

SeaRubi

Explorer
Couple you guys are real close to T-Town proper. :elkgrin: Had a couple family members there in Tecumseh.

My great-grandfather had a land-rush farm on the "eyebrow" road near the Shawnee twins. My dad and his siblings all went to Bethel High. We have relatives all over that part of the state. I like to joke with people that all this "overlanding" stuff doesn't look half as bad as getting down a November time "driveway" (e.g. trail) of relatives out by Harrah Newalla. :smiley_drive: We never called it off-roading, it was just part of life.

A good friend of mine takes a dune buggy out to Little Sahara - it's a cool place. It's a long way away from you guys there in OK, but if you like dunes, Kermit Sand dunes used to be a great place to go in West Texas.

Have any of you made it east over to Disney? I've never been myself but it sure sounds like a lot of fun. I've been wanting to get back that way to make a 2 week trip starting in Arkansas in the Ozarks, then hitting Superlift ORV park. Then head west to Eufala for some camping and fishing and do the rocks at Disney, then west again to Little Sahara, then hook north to make a visit somewhere in Colorado. Lots of great stuff out that way for sure.

cheers,
-ike

jeepersjeep

He loves Jeep!
Couple you guys are real close to T-Town proper. :elkgrin: Had a couple family members there in Tecumseh.

My great-grandfather had a land-rush farm on the "eyebrow" road near the Shawnee twins. My dad and his siblings all went to Bethel High. We have relatives all over that part of the state. I like to joke with people that all this "overlanding" stuff doesn't look half as bad as getting down a November time "driveway" (e.g. trail) of relatives out by Harrah Newalla. :smiley_drive: We never called it off-roading, it was just part of life.

A good friend of mine takes a dune buggy out to Little Sahara - it's a cool place. It's a long way away from you guys there in OK, but if you like dunes, Kermit Sand dunes used to be a great place to go in West Texas.

Have any of you made it east over to Disney? I've never been myself but it sure sounds like a lot of fun. I've been wanting to get back that way to make a 2 week trip starting in Arkansas in the Ozarks, then hitting Superlift ORV park. Then head west to Eufala for some camping and fishing and do the rocks at Disney, then west again to Little Sahara, then hook north to make a visit somewhere in Colorado. Lots of great stuff out that way for sure.

cheers,
-ike

That sounds pretty cool!
When I first purchased my Jeep we took a trip to Superlift and had a blast. Thats a very cool place to go and would love to go again. I'll have to wait and see when they might be having a event to go on that day. Last time they were doing the Warrior Weekend. We showed up 2 day before and stayed a day after (5 days). I tried to win that Jeep for 100 bucks but didn't get picked, o'well.
Like I said earlier, we travel to Missouri 3 to 4 times a year and go to Roaring River, not much in the offraod department but there is one cool back road to town with some nice climbs. It's mainly just a relaxation fishing trip more than anything. We will be going in April if anyone wants to join.
We also have been to Disney. It's got some serious rocks. The cool thing about it is there are bypasses everywhere. So if it gets a little hairy you can just watch the pro's do the work+we were stock at the time.

S

Street Wolf

So..... anyone got any plans for a Little Sahara weekend run? :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger