HUBB Meeting in Silverton CO, July 10th - 13th

gjackson

FRGS
Are those new shoes as well?

Can't get anything by you guys! Yes, those are 285/75R16 BFG KM2s. The deal was too good to pass up. They are a little wider than I like, but are working really well so far. I put the 265/75R16 BFG muds on the Rangie.

cheers

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
x3

I saw that picture and thought... I will have to send him a PM and ask what size those new BFG KM2 are [to not go off topic and turn this into a Redline tire thread :) But since they started it...

Are they load range E?

I assume you purchased them from the racers in So. Cal that were selling off their early production race stock months ago. I almost purchased some, but I too prefer a narrower sized, and the guy told me they were load range E not D like the current 285/75 KM treads.

How do you like them compared to the old BFG MT design. I'm really curious about the noise, quieter or louder?

James

gjackson said:
Can't get anything by you guys! Yes, those are 285/75R16 BFG KM2s. The deal was too good to pass up. They are a little wider than I like, but are working really well so far. I put the 265/75R16 BFG muds on the Rangie.

cheers

gjackson

FRGS
They are load range E. So far I like them. Maybe slightly more noise than the old MTs, but then my diesel is loud enough that tire noise usually goes unnoticed. The only time I notice the noise is when cornering hard right with the window open.

Impressions so far: plenty of traction in most conditions. Seem to work well in sand. No problems in mud.

cheers

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Cool. From looking at the tread they looked as if they 'might' be a bit louder than the old KM design, but of course there are many variables.

gjackson said:
They are load range E. So far I like them. Maybe slightly more noise than the old MTs, but then my diesel is loud enough that tire noise usually goes unnoticed. The only time I notice the noise is when cornering hard right with the window open.

Impressions so far: plenty of traction in most conditions. Seem to work well in sand. No problems in mud.

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12