Huck Truck 2004 Tundra build

Spahle

Observer
Figured I would get one of these started for my new truck to document the build. I got my 2004 Regular Cab Long Bed SR5 4x4 to build up for the ultimate kayak assault rig to get me to and from the river and to live out of while traveling and following the water. Here are some pics of how she looked new (to me at least).
IMG_0161.jpgIMG_2496 (1024x683).jpgIMG_2540 (1024x683).jpg In the future I plan on getting a topper for the bed, rock sliders, ladder rack, awning, sleeping/storage platform in bed, fridge/freezer, aux lights, locker, custom rear bumper..........

Spahle

Observer
The bumper came with the truck. Has Synister Fab stamped into the skid plate (you should be able to see it in the blow up of the shot of the front)?

Spahle

Observer
Picked up a shell for $100 off cr yesterday, isn't a perfect paint match or size but for $100 who's complaining. Will prob buy new seals for bed and windows depending on how water proof it already is. One side has a slider window and the other has the gas struts and opens up. Will prob put fridge/freezer on the side that pops open, and the sleeping quarters on the other side. Next will probably be the sliders and or sleeping/storage platform.
IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:

Spahle

Observer
Been brainstorming and looking at tons of threads to get an idea of how to build the bed for my needs. Want to maximize the space for storage without taking up too much room to be able to sit up while camping in the shell.

dyogim

Explorer
Been brainstorming and looking at tons of threads to get an idea of how to build the bed for my needs. Want to maximize the space for storage without taking up too much room to be able to sit up while camping in the shell.

Here are my plans with my bed/shell. For storage, build bins in a "u" shape form for the bed (sides of the bed and the front of the bed). This will leave the middle section for a cooler(s) or other containers. Make the bins on the side wide enough to lay down and sleep in. For the shell, mount 2, 3 or 4 actuators. When setting up for camp, with a flip of a switch, the actuators will lift the shell to allow for more headroom/space to move comfortably. The opening between the bed and the shell will be enclosed with some type of sunbrella material. Here's where I got the idea but, do not want to spend the $1k+ to buy the kit. However, if I come across some extra cash, I may just buy it....LOL!

http://www.ezliftsystems.com/topper-ezlift/

Last edited:

Spahle

Observer
Getting started on the sleeping platform this weekend! Also want to change the shocks out. I think it has one of those hockey puck leveling kits on the front but I'm not sure. I will take some pics tonight and post. If I take the hockey puck out and get 5100's will I keep the same ride height with smoother ride?

exploreFL

Observer
I just put the 5100's on my 2006 Double cab, I think the ride is only a little rougher than the standard shocks. I thought the standard shocks were rather spongey. I haven't had a chance to really take it off road yet, but on the road, I don't think you will be able to tell a difference. I gained probably 2.5 inches of lift with the 5100 from stock. Truck sits perfectly level, per my eyes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78