Hummer Builds

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Was driving around trying to take up some time and found a parking lot full of hummers in various states, but one was fairly well put together.

a57VSAl.jpg

I have had my H3T Alpha since Feb '13 and I taken it wheeling all over North Western North America.

I have a supercharged 5.3, triple locked on 37's adventure mobile that get the same gas mileage as my buddies in lifted 4Runner/Tacoma's on 33's. So I believe the h3 was wrongfully put into the bad gas mileage group due to its older siblings.

I think the biggest issue that people have with this trucks is the reputation that precedes them. Once I go wheeling with a new group or take someone for a spin they are a convert and see why I have held onto this truck for so long.

Do I wish I had a stronger front axle? yup! But name a rig that will go through years of abuse that wouldn't reveal a similar weakness somewhere in the driveline.

REDROVER

Explorer
I don’t think even bigger siblings of h3 get terrible fuel economy, at least H1 for its size it’s not bad.
My Humvee gets 14 mpg, my Tacoma gets 14.5.
Truck got enough turbo diesel power to carry another Tacoma on its roof rack.

I like h3 a little more than the h2
Just preference.

FC578152-4CE6-4B37-AF5D-2C3AA6995DA2.jpeg

I don’t think even bigger siblings of h3 get terrible fuel economy, at least H1 for its size it’s not bad.
My Humvee gets 14 mpg, my Tacoma gets 14.5.
Truck got enough turbo diesel power to carry another Tacoma on its roof rack.

I like h3 a little more than the h2
Just preference.

View attachment 576631
Exactly! I don't have real world experience with the fuel mileage of a H1 or H2 so I didn't want to comment, but I was pretty sure that they wouldn't be as awful as the media would have you believe.

I think it was 4wheelin' mag that had me take notice of the H2 back in the day - thye had to give it back to hummer and wrote an article about how much they will miss the truck and how great it was to offroad and drive around town.

The H2 should have come from the factory with a diesel option! Guy guys doing Duramax swaps claim they get 23-28mpg in the H2

REDROVER

Explorer
Weight to weight ratio comparisons and fuel economy of the H1 is exactly the same as Toyota Prius

Prius is 2800 lb 45 mpg
H1 8700 lb 14 mpg

H1 wagon is 8700lb divide by 2800 Lb =3.1x 14 = 44 mpg.

It’s nice to see more and more Hummers being use for travel and exploring.

Milamr

Recently was talking with a guy with Toyota 4 Runner that he overlands with. He said that he averages about 14 mpg so about the same as my H2 which has more room, storage and is heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boucher

097a083e59f5fa9de9a875a8691ae610.jpg

The rest of the under body protection from Rubber Duck 4X4. Front piece is about 50 lbs and second piece is about 75 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are nice but out of my price range for a bit "with any luck soon it will be boating season" lol

Boucher

I recently added some perimeter lighting around my defender rack two on each side and back, I created my own wire harness running down the rear door channel and through the frame to help keep the integrity of an already leaky body style

IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0827.JPGIMG_0828.JPG

H2 light_.jpg
mounting.jpg

With the panel I wanted a cleaner install compared to rocker switches

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member