I am now completely SS-only

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Sold my last geared bike last week. Consolidated from 5 bikes to 2. Current stable:

08 Monocog
IMG_0378.jpg

09 Steamroller
IMG_0553.jpg

But I am planning to build up a geared Cross Check, Fisticuff, or Double Cross this spring.

1speed

Explorer
Welcome to the sickness! I have three bikes at the local bike shop for sale, two of which are geared. I have a 1x9 mountain bike I leave at my cabin in NM just because I had the parts laying around to build it and that way I don't have to lug a bike back and forth when I go out there. I'll get rid of it once I move out there permanently or keep it for a loaner. I also have a geared carbon Look with Campy that I keep just because it was an anniversary present, I can't remember the last time I rode it.

The only bikes I ride are my Steamroller and my single speed Q-Ball 29er. Just something satisfying about riding with no gears. I can't see myself buying or building another geared bike.

Besides, I don't want to have to change my screen name. :elkgrin:

Cackalak Han

Explorer
I had a blast riding around on the Steamer. I slapped some 38's on there and did a few trail rides, too. My Trek 5500 (full CF/DuraAce) sat in the garage (which is why I sold it). I'm going to attempt my first canyon climb this next summer. 4600 ft up in 14.7 miles. I might have to gear down a little bit. :D

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I got ride of my full suspension and hard tail geared bikes long ago. My 29er singlespeed hard tail is all the mountain bike I want. I use it for everything from short commutes, daily training rides, racing and even multi-day singletrack touring. I save the gears for the road and 'cross bikes.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Wow, guess I am not yet as dedicated as you guys, I love my SS... just have not done away will all geared rigs.

1x1_Speed_Craig

Amen, brotha'. I have zero geared bikes, and have for several years. I found myself never riding the geared ones anymore.

Good to find some other SS/fixxie comrades out there! :victory:

My Steelman fixxie/SS 'cross bike (shown here with road tires; ridden fixed 95% of the time):
steelmanEurocross.jpg

My Soulcraft MTB (I have been running a rigid Vicious fork on it for years, though):
plowboy.jpg

Old-school back-up/winter/foul-weather bike (worth very little to anyone but me):
f700.jpg

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Ok, I have moved the geared cross bike into file 13 for now. Fedex man brought me some presents today. Here is my new project!!

a481c672.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78