I converted...

jham

Adventurer
Time to go public...

Two days ago I took a check for my 97 Disco. It was my first disco and a fantastic one, but I needed something a little more road worthy. Being in college and traveling as much as I do, I made the switch to a D2. Putting a deposit on her on monday. 2000 Burgundy DII, 120k. New engine installed by rovertym (PO was old and overheated it). Most everything under the hood is done - re-finished heads, new pistons, rods, valvetrain, radiator, etc.

Here is how she sits now. Front and rear bumpers are being built by rovertym. Front will be the new wide-face style with brush bar and light guards. Rear will be the RTE rear with built in hitch and recovery points. I'll start a build thread when I return fro Africa in June.

Attachments

• HPIM1080.JPG
    HPIM1080.JPG
    837.2 KB · Views: 282
  • HPIM1081.JPG
    HPIM1081.JPG
    974.5 KB · Views: 145
  • HPIM1083.JPG
    HPIM1083.JPG
    751 KB · Views: 156

jham

Adventurer
there's no greater feeling than having a fresh drawing board to start on. i would say the only greater feeling is completing a build, but we all know that never happens...

jham

Adventurer
pics

here she is...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• phpAPQAHVAM.jpg
    phpAPQAHVAM.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 264
  • phpFI6d5BAM.jpg
    phpFI6d5BAM.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 260
  • phpjLoq99AM.jpg
    phpjLoq99AM.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 269
  • phprNyZKaAM.jpg
    phprNyZKaAM.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 267

discodisco

Observer
Outstanding vehicle.... we just bought the same year DII ourselves and we love it. Bumpers look great... I can't wait to get some myself.
Have you checked to see if you have the Center Differential Locking system in place? One of the cheapest (although time consuming) mods we have completed was installing the CDL switch from a Disco I. Keep posting the awesome pics.

jham

Adventurer
Get some waxoyl on that frame and in the sills, check the rear floor, door posts etc.

frame could use a good sandblasting and a few coats of rust prevention. there is some surface rust, but none of it is threatening.

it has a few quirks to work out...door actuator on passenger side, needs new horn buttons, and some love on the back door hinges. other than that, solid truck.

jham

Adventurer
Outstanding vehicle.... we just bought the same year DII ourselves and we love it. Bumpers look great... I can't wait to get some myself.
Have you checked to see if you have the Center Differential Locking system in place? One of the cheapest (although time consuming) mods we have completed was installing the CDL switch from a Disco I. Keep posting the awesome pics.

it has a CDL lever installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman