I did it! )) My trip to Iran

mosq

Observer
5103.jpg

Half year ago I promised that I will go to Iran and I did it. With my car. Alone. Noone of my friends wanted to go with me becuase of so called 'terrorists' and 'war' there.
I was there. No terrorists, no war. People are very kindly and friendly. I spoke to many iranians and all of them were laughing when I said why I came alone :)) They said that everyone can come to Iran, because it is the safiest place on earth with the lowest crime and very good citizens.
I liked very much the whole country. Very good roads, very cheap diesel ($1=50 litres), very interesting nature and ancient cities.

The route was: Moscow - Volgograd - Astrakhan - Makhachkala - Russia-Azerbaijan toll - Baku - Azerbaijan-Iran toll - Astara - Tehran - Qom - Yazd - Kerman - Bendar-Abbas - Shiraz - Esfahan - Hamadan - Tabriz - Anzaly - ferry from Iran to Russia over Caspian sea - Astrakhan - Volgograd - Moscow
Total ~13000km

I am in the process of writting the story about the travel in russian and hope my friend will translate it to english as soon as possible so everyone could read.

Now you can review my photos, I didn't anounce them to russian friends yet. You're the first. :))

http://www.mosadventure.com/photos/2146/

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Wonderful journey, congratulations on going. It takes a few adventurous people to break down the barriers that have been erected by our politicians. It wasn't so long ago people wouldn't travel in the USSR, only to find out later that people are people all the world around.

Can't wait to read your report.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i love the thread starter pic, with your wife? about to clobber you with the frying pan,, too funny, BTW is it me or does she look like the lady on stargate SG1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998