I did something.....4m50 20g combo

boostin

Adventurer
Sounds better. What rpm's it boosting at now?

Hard to say every gear is a little different, and mine is auto so not much ability to work it how I would like.

Maybe 2000, on the high way it's really quick to get up to 20, and let me tell you, 20 on the 16 g compared to the stock turbo is huge difference, I was just watching the boost and egt and looked at the Speedo and was at 140 like that

Amesz00

Adventurer
Put the pyro in my truck yesterday. Was surprised I could only get it to hit 475 deg C on the fairly short test run up the freeway. That's pre turbo, truck is stock except for bigger intake and brake back exhaust.. Having said that it was a cool night and I could only get it loaded up for a short time, probly like 10 or so sec..

boostin

Adventurer
Put the pyro in my truck yesterday. Was surprised I could only get it to hit 475 deg C on the fairly short test run up the freeway. That's pre turbo, truck is stock except for bigger intake and brake back exhaust.. Having said that it was a cool night and I could only get it loaded up for a short time, probly like 10 or so sec..

What year and engine do you have, my gauge is in Fahrenheit but but stock I could easily get 1300f

Amesz00

Adventurer
It's a 2011 fg84. 4x4, 4m50 but the 150hp/350ft-lb version. How quickly did the temps go up for you? Like I'm foot flat for 10s accelerating to 110 and only just reached 475c.. Seems pretty cold to me but idk it is lean as hell..
Have to find a good hill to try, trouble is Perth is pretty bloody flat haha

boostin

Adventurer
They go up pretty quick on even the flats, adding the steinbauer chip got my egts up to 1400 pretty quick which is what inspired the turbo

Amesz00

Adventurer
Went for bit of a hill run today. Maxed @ 550, 2400rpm wot, straight drive after about 25s. Interestingly, once the hill levelled out slightly I changed to OD, still wot but 1800 for 30 or so sec, went down to 495 and stayed there.

boostin

Adventurer
Went for bit of a hill run today. Maxed @ 550, 2400rpm wot, straight drive after about 25s. Interestingly, once the hill levelled out slightly I changed to OD, still wot but 1800 for 30 or so sec, went down to 495 and stayed there.

Yours a manual or auto trans, fg I assume?

DzlToy

Explorer
OT, Andrew, did you ever get the 41" tires on your FG (335's?)

My 4M50 FE with AS68RC auto seems to get down the road just fine empty or lightly loaded, but I can't imagine losing 20 - 25 HP and having much larger tires than stock. It would be a turd for sure.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Yea man I did. Had em for a couple years now, think they've done around 14k km. Truck is no speed machine that's for sure. It does get along acceptably though. Hope to improve that by turbo/chip. They are good offroad, except when they hit the wheel arches up front on flex....
Got a couple ideas to fix that, just haven't gotten around to it yet..

boostin

Adventurer
Will once I finish a few things on the truck I'll get it insured and see some real world work results rather then my street light racing lol.

If any one is interested in the adapter I can get more made

Amesz00

Adventurer
Thinking, does your truck have a dpf? If so that could explain the big temp difference as the Aus spec ones don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears