I may be crazy - Series III

dallasrover

Adventurer
Maybe it's a disease. I don't know, but I added another Rover to the bunch.
A guy in our club needed to sell her, and for some reason I felt compelled to keep her in Texas. So I picked her up and drove the 20 or so miles home without issues. Slow, but without issue. :smiley_drive:
1974 Series III...... Since I previously had a 69 IIA and a 73 Series III, hopefully there won't be too many surprises, but you know how that goes. :Wow1:

The frame is not horrible, needs a transmission crossmember, and maybe an outrigger or 2 for now. Has the usual leaks and quirks it seems, but she is pretty roadworthy as she sits.
Has new intake and exhaust manifolds.
New H2O pump.
New brakes.
New rear axles.
New exhaust system.
Rebuilt carb.
New distributor.

Plan is to finish up any mechanical stuff to get her up to par, and toss some parabolics under her, then get her to looking purdy again.
I will post up some updates as they happen.
Series_1.jpgSeries_2.jpg

Snagger

Explorer
That could be tidies up very nicely.. I'd get rid of the strip added between the rear cross member and tub - it'll trap mud and moisture in the joints between the tub cross member and the chassis cross member tabs, turning the tub cross member into white salts in no time - it was left open to be easily and thoroughly washed out to remove corrosive soils or road salt and moisture trapping mud.

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
You know, I see any Series rig running around these days and I get all giggly- even if it's a complete rust bucket. I completely understand, and you are forgiven. More Series threads, please.

Purdy? I'd say she's purdy enough, although if Rovers North has any of that NOS, Genuine "Patina in a Can" left you might try a spray here or there just to even her out a bit.

That looks fun.

Wander

Expedition Leader
If it's a sickness than lock me up. Nice Series, looks like a great start.

Sadly my beloved IIa is leaving me tomorrow morning to go live on a farm with some nice people in Virginia. The buyer is on ExPo so I feel good about it. I had to sell to fund my newest Disco which is that good to make me sell the IIa.

MuleShoer

Adventurer
New Home

If it's a sickness than lock me up. Nice Series, looks like a great start.

Sadly my beloved IIa is leaving me tomorrow morning to go live on a farm with some nice people in Virginia. The buyer is on ExPo so I feel good about it. I had to sell to fund my newest Disco which is that good to make me sell the IIa.

Thats about to be me:wings:, though I am getting it for Jeri, this will be her 3rd rover, the first 2 were Disco's. I have already been told "don't get any ideas" :ylsmoke:
She wants me to buy a cover for it!!!
I am a newbe with Landy's so it will be fun, it will be like learning a new language

You never know the JKU may have to move someday

Wander

Expedition Leader
Don't get the cover Pete, the paint is almost too good as it is, it needs some fading/patina.

I think I see a Defender in your future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78