i need new/replacement seats for my XJ

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Has anyone installed Jeep Liberty seats in an XJ ?

I'm sure you "could" do it, but would the bracketry match up???
So far everyone on NAXJA says the ZJ and WJ (until 2004 model year) seats match right up on the same XJ brackets.
I'm personally looking for an easy swap rather than another little project where I would have to modify a few things to make the seats match up to the vehicle.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I'm sure you "could" do it, but would the bracketry match up???
So far everyone on NAXJA says the ZJ and WJ (until 2004 model year) seats match right up on the same XJ brackets.
I'm personally looking for an easy swap rather than another little project where I would have to modify a few things to make the seats match up to the vehicle.

Yeah, this would have been one of my first mods, but the only seats that seem to fit my 1992 are seats from 1990 to 1995/6 before the body style switch. I guess there's a strengthening rib in the floor that changes the brackets, so that I can't just go find a 2001 with near perfect seats and swap them out.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I guess there's a strengthening rib in the floor that changes the brackets, so that I can't just go find a 2001 with near perfect seats and swap them out.

The front part of the seat bracket actually mounts to that rib (above yellow arrow), but I wonder if a guy could take older XJ seats and drill holes in the proper place for the front mounts, or if that rib would still be in the way? I guess if it was in the way you could drill all new holes and you would have to live with the fact that your bracket is a couple inches forward or behind where it would normally sit and then compensate with the seat adjustments.

beam.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I couldn't get the damned bolts that hold them off for the life of me! I had the right size of torx bit or what ever it is called with a long breaker bar and only messed up the the teeth on the bit, so I figured I'd just string them up out of the way while I rolled in the liner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12