I need opinions on this 2004 extra cab

Ryanjohnlee

So i spent the last year living in a 96 sienna that I built a bed into. During my adventures i found ground clearance to be a big issue when trying to reach certain places. So naturally i thought the next step for my travels should be a Truck. after much debate I've decided on a tacoma 4 cyl with 4x4, is this one a good deal? I have carfaxed it and it looks clean, i have a few concerns though. I notice it has the Trd off road stickers, but in one of the photos where the (at least i think) locker should be there is not a button. Is it also true that all Trd models have power windows? I still feel like its a good deal if its not a TRD but I am kind of curious. he claims the bed was checked for rust and it passed after getting sprayed at the factory, is there a number to check with toyota?

This is the ad:
Selling my 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. 2.7l engine. 5 speed manual transmission. 147000 miles. I am the second owner of the truck and I purchased it with 50000 miles 6 years ago. Runs and drives great. Selling because I bought a bigger truck to fit the family in. Inspection does not run out until July. Tires and body are in good condition. No rust. Frame just passed Toyota inspection and has factory warrantee replacement until 2019. I have factory and aftermarket rims for the truck. Tires are in good condition. New billstine 5100 shocks and struts all the way around done a year ago. I have cap on truck now but it comes right off with a few clamps. Aftermarket bumper. Truck is ready to go. Clean title in hand. Price negotiable with cash.

00i0i_3zlBFEq8qm8_1200x900.jpg01414_9yDLdU8SKHZ_600x450.jpg
00D0D_gnqXKeClrk_600x450.jpg00u0u_46HgAbhQder_600x450.jpg

is 6500 reasonable to counter offer?

Last edited:

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
If you register at toyota.com/owners and input the VIN of the truck it will show you all maintenance performed at a Toyota dealer.

If it has a locker this is what the button would look like.

DiffLock.jpg

enzo

Explorer
I can tell just from the pics that it's not a trd. The TRD Tacomas had larger mirrors. I'd pass.

surlydiesel

Adventurer
You could not get a 4cylinder TRD truck after 2000. I had a 98 4 cylinder trd with a locker, that was great truck and Toyota bought it back.

I would find a stock truck. Someone who just drove it around and did home depot runs. That truck looks like it's a bit rough. Also if you live in the rust belt, you should really wait until you find a truck with a new frame. They are all over. There are also rusty ones that may have passed the inspection but will need a new frame at some point.

-jorge

Ryanjohnlee

Thank you all for the advice, I got him down to 6k and the words you all said rang in my head. II decided to pass on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan