I thought this video was worth posting

Makedonas1

Observer
Im not sure if anyone has seen this but thought was worth posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS6pUn8mk4Q

Also on a second note...I have been in the market for a BMW motorcycle and have finally found one for sale. a friend of mine owns a 1972 BMW R60/5 with a velorex side car. Its been sitting around covered for a while. He cant drive it anymore due to health issues. everything looks real good (after a nice wash down). No Rust. there are a couple spots on the seam of the side car cover about 2 inches total which can be sewn back up. Just under 5000 miles. He says the carbs just need a good cleaning and it should start right up. wants to sell it to me for 3500 (including 2 helmets and a one piece leather get up with some beemer patches). Any thoughts? Is this a good deal? I always hate mixing business with friends but this is hard to pass up. I will post pictures of it soon once I get over to his place with a camera.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Either rig alone, the moto or the sidecar, is likely worth close to $3500...

The bing carbs are pretty easy to work on, and parts are available. I'd take a chance on it....IIRC the R60/5 didn't have an oil pump, just an "oil slinger" which is attached to the crank. Sometimes these can get gummed up....

-H-

Makedonas1

Observer
thanks for the info. I am most likely going to buy it, but this is my first bike and I definitely dont want to buy something and find out I cant fix it and end up having it take up space. Do you know any good sites for parts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior