I Won't Have A Recession Fall On My Shoulders

RedDog

Explorer
After many sleepless nights I pulled the trigger. I rode for 28 years and sold my last machine 3 years ago to play with the Jeep thinking I'd finally "grown up". No such luck. I had to get another one.

Web photos of my new Buell XB12XT in black:

black-x2-r.jpg

buell-ulysses-xb12x--2_460x0w.jpg

RedDog

Explorer

Indeed... and thus $6,000. off list. How can I refuse when HD has committed to warranty, parts and service long term?

Good work, way to help kick start our economy, American made too!

Yes! The Jeep was made by North American workers in Toledo, Ohio; the Buell in East Troy, Wisconsin and the Santa Cruz in of course Santa Cruz, California.

Last edited:

turner

Indeed... and thus $6,000. off list. How can I refuse when HD has committed to warranty, parts and service long term?

Yes sir! Nice buy!!!

As soon as they went under, and the incentive was released to the public this new price was on this little beast. Talk about a steal...

Buellslashedprice.jpg

RedDog

Explorer
Yes sir! Nice buy!!!

As soon as they went under, and the incentive was released to the public this new price was on this little beast. Talk about a steal...

Buellslashedprice.jpg

Wow! Up here in CDN dollars that's the price of a mid range scooter.

RedDog

Explorer
Thanks for the comments. I was going to get the Buell in Calgary today but the highway was closed last night to freezing rain and snow, and a 60 car pileup between Calgary and here (90 miles / 150 kms apart). It's minus 17c this morning. Next weekend is going to have to do. It's not like I'll be taking it for a spin any time soon.

Wonderland

Explorer
Good work, way to help kick start our economy, American made too!

I'll bet Erik Buell would of liked it better before he had to close his doors.

Great deals for the consumer, not so much for the company, if you consider all of the manufacturing jobs lost.

RedDog

Explorer
I'll bet Erik Buell would of liked it better before he had to close his doors.

Great deals for the consumer, not so much for the company, if you consider all of the manufacturing jobs lost.

I keep wondering how much of this decision was simply Harley-Davidson shedding "non essential" elements because their numbers were so down? Buell functioned in some form for 26 years. I try to imagine somebody with deep pockets coming along and restarting the program retaining only an engine supply arrangement with HD. A guy can dream.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Interesting. Do I have to ********** somebody at my dealer in Calgary? Where are Superlights made? Please don't say China.
Nope, Taiwan. Santa Cruz doesn't manufacturer many of their own bikes, most were and still are made by Kinesis. Kinesis is a major contract manufacturer of bikes, both here in the USA (Portland, OR) and Taiwan (they are a Taiwanese company). Kinesis makes very good bikes, one of the larger manufacturers in fact. I have a Blur that was made in Portland (they moved Blur production to Taiwan in about 2008) and a Redline Cyclocross made by Kinesis also from Portland. There is nothing wrong with Taiwanese made Santa Cruz bikes from a quality standpoint, probably the equal of Portland made ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998