IBS Dual Battery System and My Story

Ramjet

Explorer
So, after having my IBS system for over a year now, I thought I would give an update on it. The first thing I can say is that it has worked flawlessly since the install. It does take some time to get it in and hook everything up, but once it's in you can forget about it. It also will not leave you stranded. I experienced it today first hand.

While I knew my main battery was on its last leg, I checked it anyways before I left on my Mississippi Swing trip on Monday. Peeking through the little window on the battery and seeing into the future, I knew it wasn't going to be long before this thing was kaput. After awaking from my slumber this morning in beautiful Jackson, MS. I ventured from my warm and cozy hotel room and put my bags back into the car. After climbing in and turning on the key to start the beast, that's when she first let me know what lied ahead. She hesitated for a split second and then started. Woo. As I gave a sigh of relief I thought to myself....that was close. I ventured on. After driving through rain and muck and reaching my next destination I turned her off and went inside. The weather was a changing and there was a certain crispness to the air, a storm was coming and I knew the temperature was going to drop. I was starting to get worried what was in store for me next. After my visit with my account and climbing back in once again to the beast, I was welcomed with the same hesitation and then.....Voom. At this point, I knew I was going to have to do something. I did have my solar panel and 12v hook up and I could charge it that way just in case I need too, but I had a few more stops to make and had little time left. I pressed on and then...there it was. After stopping for gas....click, click, click. Nothing. Little did I know, I was going to be 50 miles from nowhere. Instead of getting frustrated and cussing the sky, I reach over and pressed the "Link" button. She fired right up.

It was at this instance that I knew it was time. It had been 6 wonderful years with this one and the time had come to get her changed out for a newer, younger model. I was excited. I punched in the closest Toyota Dealership and I was on my way. Now, if you're ever in MS and you happen to have trouble on the outskirts of Starkville or Columbus, stop in at Carl Hogan Toyota. Great guys in there and I was in and out in 15-20 mins. What happened next had me giddy as a schoolboy with secret access to the girls locker room. She started so fast, I thought she was going to eat the Highlander parked in front of her. Wooh, she was ready to go. We were on our way once again for the next adventure.

The moral of the story here kids is this..don't leave home without your IBS Dual Battery System. It won't leave you stranded.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Nice little report, glad it all worked out for you. It is a nice feeling to have the vehicle start when the main is dead. I know it happend to me 30 miles or so in the boonies. AAA not comming out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears