Ideas for my 92 Ford Bronco build

Ryanpce

Executive Camper
Hi All, I recently purchase a 1992 Ford Bronco and I am looking for some ideas on what to do. Looking for pictures and or concepts on what I can do. I would like a roof rack so any picture of how you have attached your would be great! Looking forward to it, thanks!

underdrive

jackwagon
First thing I'd do is put a protective cover on that hi-lift back there. Then get rid of those automatic locking hubs and replace them with some good manual ones. Then put a stick-shift under the truck :D Replace the t-case with a manual one at the same time. Some nice additional forward lights (you decide what you need based on how and where you drive), something better than factory for backing up as well. Front trailer hitch receiver would be pretty much mandatory, seeing how these trucks have exactly zero recovery points to hook for when you get stuck... Plan on a 9k winch on a receiver-mount cradle down the road, very very useful to have for all sorts of tasks. Obviously feel free to rearrange the list in whatever order suits you better.

No help on the rack, sorry, don't wanna give you bad advice that results in the topper cracking.

Ryan87LX

Observer
Nice Bronco!

First, join this forum: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/

Second, look at Steve83's Supermotors page: http://www.supermotors.net/users/Steve83 He has over 6000 images about Broncos and how to repair/modify them. I think the man could build a Bronco from an oil spot in the driveway.

My Bronco has over 250K with the original auto hubs. Routine maintenance keeps them working just fine.

This. FSB was an invaluable resource for me. Also a great group of people.

98dango

Expedition Leader
ill give you my advise for what its worth. LESS IS MORE. you don't need stuff you need experience. If you need a rack to haul all the things you think you need then it might be time to rethink what you need. Spend money and make it safe then use the hell out of it add as you need. in the last 8-9 years my needs and wants have come to a happy point. I use a 80% stock truck take very little and have way more fun and see more than when I had all the extra crap.

underdrive

jackwagon
My Bronco has over 250K with the original auto hubs. Routine maintenance keeps them working just fine.
That's cool. Yeah I think you're right in that lack of maintenance is what kills them, every truck we know of that's had issues with them had been rode hard and put away wet...

ill give you my advise for what its worth. LESS IS MORE. you don't need stuff you need experience. If you need a rack to haul all the things you think you need then it might be time to rethink what you need. Spend money and make it safe then use the hell out of it add as you need. in the last 8-9 years my needs and wants have come to a happy point. I use a 80% stock truck take very little and have way more fun and see more than when I had all the extra crap.
That's good advice actually, it's super-easy to get carried away modding the truck and that ends up eating up both the truck's GVW and the owner's time and money that could otherwise be used for actually getting out there.

remco

Observer
We just starting to make our ultimate bronco camper :)

IMG_4770_2.jpg

IMG_4773_2.jpg

IMG_4774_2.jpg

IMG_4777_2.jpg

IMG_4779_2.jpg

IMG_4781_2.jpg

IMG_4785_2.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

underdrive

jackwagon
We just starting to make our ultimate bronco camper :)
This looks quite interesting. Gonna be removable, right? Estimated weight when completed?

Oh, and nice touch on the team's blood types, it's amazing how something so important can get overlooked so easily - of course I sure as heck hope no one ever needs to use this info :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger