Imperial going for the mainstream crowd

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Just got confirmation from Treefarmers that Kingdom Camping built thier system with the expion 360 bus bars. So I am sure IO doesn't use them because of the extra cost. Which is lame for how much the new Xplores sell for.

Treefarmer1

I don't know why IO doesn't use bus bars on the Expion batteries, but based on my conversations with them, that is the way Expion prefers their batteries be installed. We've been living in our Kingdon Caravan XL for over three months now. We keep the inverter on 24 hours a day because we are running an additional residential refrigerator for the summer (we have a 12v Dometic 10 cuft fridge/freezer inside the trailer) plugged into an external outlet on the trailer. It hardly makes a dent in the battery storage. We alternate between about 83%-100% full every 24 hours. Here's a picture of our batteries (with bus bars) again:
IMG_2435.jpg

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Every trailer will have issue
We haven't seen too many problems with the new trailers. There was a TSB for the solar being incorrectly plugged in at the top, we have had one with a warped fridge door, but that's one out of dozens. There have of course been small items such as latch/hinge adjustment but we have had great luck with them

MSRP shouldn't be happening unless you don't shop around
Every trailer will have issues. I own a 2023 Kimberley S3, and I have repaired 20 plus items. Still awesome.

Treefarmer1

Every trailer will have issue

Every trailer will have issues. I own a 2023 Kimberley S3, and I have repaired 20 plus items. Still awesome.
Very true. No matter what you buy, you should budget a good amount of money (say $5,000 or so) to make any trailer exactly the way you want it. That could mean upgrades, modifications, or even fixing things from the factory that may be to their spec but not yours. For example, one of the first things we do is go to an expert trailer suspension shop (not an RV dealer) and have them thoroughly review the suspension, brakes, and tires including balancing and alignment. All bearings, seals, grease zerks inspected and redone.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Very true. No matter what you buy, you should budget a good amount of money (say $5,000 or so) to make any trailer exactly the way you want it. That could mean upgrades, modifications, or even fixing things from the factory that may be to their spec but not yours. For example, one of the first things we do is go to an expert trailer suspension shop (not an RV dealer) and have them thoroughly review the suspension, brakes, and tires including balancing and alignment. All bearings, seals, grease zerks inspected and redone.
I checked my wheel bearings after a few thousand miles, and already had one outer that was over heated, and it was a Timkin. Lack of grease. I think its the reality of anything hand built, regardless of price.

Treefarmer1

I checked my wheel bearings after a few thousand miles, and already had one outer that was over heated, and it was a Timkin. Lack of grease. I think its the reality of anything hand built, regardless of price.
Isn't that crazy? Talk about something a customer should be able to take for granted. We've just heard so many stories like that over the years that we never take anything for granted. Trust but verify when it comes to wheels/bearings/brakes/suspension!

Last edited:

Starting to see issues rising up on the new Xplores. ROA has been making the point that all trailers have issues. Even 125-155 k ones. My Trail Marker has had several as well. Mostly do to the custom aspects and most of the components being a first time install for the manufacturer.

I assume that most of the folks that are talking about issues on the Facebook page were bought from ROA and they seem to be taking care of them which is awesome. I do wonder if some of thier customers see thier you tube videos and go out and think they can hammer thier rigs like in the videos.

One owner says the mounting brackets on the solor panels break everytime he goes out on a trip. Very suprised that thier is so much vibration with the Cruisemaster suspension. Likely tire pressure but every time.

Lot of systems to dial in on this bad boy.

Treefarmer1

Starting to see issues rising up on the new Xplores. ROA has been making the point that all trailers have issues. Even 125-155 k ones. My Trail Marker has had several as well. Mostly do to the custom aspects and most of the components being a first time install for the manufacturer.

I assume that most of the folks that are talking about issues on the Facebook page were bought from ROA and they seem to be taking care of them which is awesome. I do wonder if some of thier customers see thier you tube videos and go out and think they can hammer thier rigs like in the videos.

One owner says the mounting brackets on the solor panels break everytime he goes out on a trip. Very suprised that thier is so much vibration with the Cruisemaster suspension. Likely tire pressure but every time.

Lot of systems to dial in on this bad boy.
That's right. No matter how much research and due diligence you do or how much you pay, things will always slip through the cracks on an RV build. It even happened with our Kingdom build, and we wrote up the specs all the way down to the exact size of cabinets, placement of lights, wiring, etc. We have said it before. All RVs, regardless of how much you pay for them, are essentially pieces of crap when compared to other complex manufactured products. It's just that some RVs smell much better than others.

So I guess you can take the fish house out of WI but you can't take he fish house out of the xplore.

Suprised the new Xplores have more then a little plywood in the interior walls. With some leaking to boot. I know all trailers have issues but really plywood and even possibly partical board in a 125-155 k trailer.

Treefarmer1

"So I guess you can take the fish house out of WI but you can't take he fish house out of the xplore."

Now that's funny.

I was very surprised to see that FB posting showing the exposed plywood in the wet bay of the X195. You expect to see that in a run of the mill RV, not in a high end model like that purpose built for off road and four season.

hoosier96

Do you have a link to that Facebook post? I looked at the 195 today at Overland Expo and liked it but think the 145 may be better for our situation. Thanks!

CORVDealers

Do you have a link to that Facebook post? I looked at the 195 today at Overland Expo and liked it but think the 145 may be better for our situation. Thanks!

You are in luck then - we displayed the 195 at Expo and as of a few minutes ago, our 145s have received a price reduction. Give us a call if you'd like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger