Imperial Outdoors Xplore XR22

hoosier96

They also say for " finance deals" only. Said finance is likely at a very high interest rate. If anyone is interested I would ask for price for cash. If one is considering financing with them might be best to bring your lawyer friend 😉

All said 80k for a 145 is very low. I assume it's stage one but if it's stage three man I would refer those interested to the famous quote from Ferris Bruler " if you have the means I suggest you pick one up"
I reached out last week and was told the X145 with the higher MSRP has Stage 2 solar and Stage 3 batteries.

NomadNorman

Those prices are amazingly low. I'm surprised they charge for the pre-delivery inspection. Never heard of that. I wonder how much?
$2500 for PDI, it's optional. Without PDI you literally hook up and leave. No walkthrough.
$98500 w/financing. You have to make 7 payments before paying off. I don't know rates but I'd bet minimum of 9%.
$107085 without financing, basically their cost.
It's a great deal either way, if you like the x195. Like the R1 it's too cramped for anyone over 6', particularly the shower where your head will be in the fan at 6'1.

Raspy

$2500 for PDI, it's optional. Without PDI you literally hook up and leave. No walkthrough.
$98500 w/financing. You have to make 7 payments before paying off. I don't know rates but I'd bet minimum of 9%.
It's a great deal either way, if you like the x195. Like the R1 it's too cramped for anyone over 6', particularly the shower where your head will be in the fan at 6'1.
I'm 6'2" and get by pretty well in my Roamer1. The shower is a bit low, but not a problem and it has a bench if I want to sit down. I've never had a trailer that I could stand up straight in the shower.

Charging $2,500. for a PDI seems like a total rip off. I consider it the dealer's responsibility to make sure the trailer is ready to go. And any dealer that doesn't bother to do a basic check of the systems, seems incompetent. It seems some unscrupulous dealers are not interested in finding any problems ahead of the sale, so they can charge back the manufacturer later when the buyer has a problem. If the buyers realized they were being played like that, how many of them would buy from that dealer? It is in the dealer's best interest to make sure the sale goes smoothly and the buyer is happy. And actually, the PDI can simply be the introduction of the buyer to the trailer. Show the buyer how everything works, and make sure everything does work. Once that has been established and the buyer understands it all, the deal has been completed honestly. There would be no reason for the buyer to be upset if something became a problem, because it was shown to be working when they checked it together. Imagine buying a new car, and the dealer wanted $2,500. to make sure it actually ran and the systems worked. No way that would fly.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

So you estimating that dealer cost is 107k for a x195 for stage 3 rig?

Raspy

Imperial is known for "overlooking" things, or "making mistakes", or "not understanding" with their build quality. And they are known for resisting repairs in some cases. So, if you are willing to work on the trailer if needed, and fix what needs fixing, it might be worth the risk of the discount price. But if you want excellent customer service, a real warrantee, and you don't want to work on your $100,000. trailer to make it right, maybe the discount is not worth it. I can't get past the idea of charging for a PDI. That means hooking up and leaving with no idea if the systems work, or it means knowing how to test everything yourself before leaving. But if you can't test everything until the paperwork is done, what recourse do you have? I don't understand how a competent dealer would send a new trailer out without checking everything. A PDI. Isn't that what customer service is all about?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Imperial is known for "overlooking" things, or "making mistakes", or "not understanding" with their build quality. And they are known for resisting repairs in some cases. So, if you are willing to work on the trailer if needed, and fix what needs fixing, it might be worth the risk of the discount price. But if you want excellent customer service, a real warrantee, and you don't want to work on your $100,000. trailer to make it right, maybe the discount is not worth it. I can't get past the idea of charging for a PDI. That means hooking up and leaving with no idea if the systems work, or it means knowing how to test everything yourself before leaving. But if you can't test everything until the paperwork is done, what recourse do you have? I don't understand how a competent dealer would send a new trailer out without checking everything. A PDI. Isn't that what customer service is all about?
Very good points especially if this dealer is selling the x195 for 107k with no warranty. Maybe the warranty is void if you forgo the PDI?

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Charging $2,500. for a PDI seems like a total rip off. ...
I actually talked to Tom's when I was shopping for my X-195. When they told me there was an additional charge for the PDI, I told them I wouldn't pay additional money for doing what they should be doing in the first place. (I agree with Raspy on this subject.) They said it was mandatory. I found a very similar deal, on another 2023 X195 at another dealer, with a warranty- and no ridiculous PDI charge.

Keep looking and don't feed the bears...doing so just reinforces the behavior. :)

(hint- Imperial's website makes it pretty easy to locate dealers with inventory. As I understand, dealers are not held to manufacture's advertised pricing guidelines on left over 23's.)

Jwest

Interested in selling my 2021 Xpolre XR22 Imperial Outdoors. Any suggestions on best online sites to sell?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online