Impulse purchase!

jeff@work

Adventurer
While I abosolutely love my Trooper there are some temptations I just can't pass up. :jump:

It's a 2004 E-250 5.4 V8 with the Quigley 4x4 conversion and the Sportsmobile penthouse popup roof. It has 72k on it which is obviously high for a 2004 so hopefully those were mostly highway miles. Since the previous owner had fog lights and backup lights mounted underneath the bumpers i'm assuming he didn't do too much hard core offroading....i know if i don't take them off tomorrow they'll be gone after my first trip off road :sombrero: One other cool feature is the roof mounted spotlight....it has a remote control just next to the steering wheel so you can control where it's aimed.

Oh yeah...the reason i couldn't pass it up...i got it for $13k :smileeek:

Anyone want to buy a 2002 Trooper LS with OME suspension?

Attachments

• aPa050001.jpg
    aPa050001.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 187
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Very Nice Jeff!!!!!!!!!!

What a Find!

.....and just think.....now all your crap won't have to be stacked to the ceiling!......hehe

Just kidding!

So here is a toast to you and your new best friend!:friday:

Last edited by a moderator:

gjackson

FRGS
Very cool!!! BTW Connie and I saw your Troopie parked in Copper on our way out to Utah 2 Fridays ago.

Have fun with the van!

cheers

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Nice find! Quigley is on my turf - I'd like to pay them a visit sometime to see their operation.

jeff@work

Adventurer
Thanks guys I'm really excited about the van. I've been wanting one for years. I can't wait to start designing the interior to make it a nice comfortable camper for extended trips....and of course it's going to need bigger tires...arb in the rear...gears...sliders...oh man what did i get myself into :p

Pa060009.jpg

Pa060014.jpg

Pa060010.jpg

Pa060012.jpg

Last edited:

sacto_patrol

Adventurer
You make me sick!
I will give you $13.5K for it. Look you already made a profit.

Honestly congratulations that is one hell of a deal.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That's a really nice find! :Wow1:
I gotta think that's way below book value before you include the 4WD and top conversion. At that price, I would've been tempted too!

I wouldn't worry about 72K on the 5.4ltr. That's probably Ford's best selling and performing motor. It's the same one they use in their F-150 pickup and how many bazillions of those are on the road? Good option over their V10 for MPG, even to sacrifice a little horsepower.

The pop-top is great. Nothing like being self contained and never needing more than a parking space to set up. With that snow on the peaks in the background coming already, you might put a heater solution high up on your to-do list!

So what's the interior like?

:lurk:

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
sacto_patrol said:
You make me sick!
I will give you $13.5K for it. Look you already made a profit.

Honestly congratulations that is one hell of a deal.
And I'll give you $13.6K. Wow, that's a great price for a even greater vehicle!!! Happy building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger