In the planning stages, have a lot of questions, but only gonna ask them one at a tim

Jordan DeRoo

So, I am starting the planning over on a new vehicle, the 4Runner unfortunately was " borrowed" by a friend and he ran it into a tree. I ended up purchasing a 1999 Ford Ranger 4.0l OHV extended cab 4x4 truck. I am in love with this truck, but she is going to need a lot of work to get where I want it to be. My first major question is what tire size is the "ideal" size. I currently have 31x10.5x15 on them, and really like the size, but I kind of want to go bigger. I am thinking a 33x10.5 is about as big as I am gonna get. Thoughts on that.

My next question is in regards to lifting. My initial idea is to convert the Ranger to a coilover instead of the torque tube that come factory. With this I am thinking I will be able to crank, safely, about 1.5 inches out. I think I will need a bit more lift then this, so I am thinking about doing a 1.5 inch body lift. Not really sure where to go with all this. Hoping yall have some insight.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Well, it comes down to budget. How much do you want to spend?

I like the 31 on the Ranger, but if you are doing a lift, I would step up to the 265/75r16. Lots of choices in that size and it will work with the smaller lift.

Check out www.therangerstation.com. TONS of info there on building up the Ranger. They are a great platform.

4x4junkie

Explorer
33x10.50R15 should fit fine on the factory 15" wheels with no lift at all, though adding 1.5" lift to it would probably give it a little better stance on those tires.

Cranking up the torsion bar adjusters 1.5" shouldn't be an issue, though I wouldn't go over that as it can cause accelerated ball joint and CV shaft wear.

×2, TRS should have just about anything you'd want to know about building and maintaining your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior