INDEFLATE tool to change tire pressure

bluejeep

just a guy
Has anyone got actual experience they care to share about the 'Indeflate' tool for changing tire pressure

See it here http://www.indeflate.co.za/

They have a version to handle 2 tires at once, or a version that handles 4 tires at once.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
One like that can be made pretty easily with parts from Home Depot or Lowes for less than it's going to cost to ship that thing from Australia. Lots of guys use a 2 or 4 way hose to reinflate. Just be ready to wait a while.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I've built my own 4 wheel version of this, works well for me to air up/air down - but it is bulky, there are a lot of hoses!

The_Hoff

One like that can be made pretty easily with parts from Home Depot or Lowes for less than it's going to cost to ship that thing from Australia. Lots of guys use a 2 or 4 way hose to reinflate. Just be ready to wait a while.

You think we’re in Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shade

Has anyone got actual experience they care to share about the 'Indeflate' tool for changing tire pressure

See it here http://www.indeflate.co.za/

They have a version to handle 2 tires at once, or a version that handles 4 tires at once.
https://expeditionportal.com/indeflate-tire-inflator-deflator-and-equalizer/

At least in my case, I don't see it saving enough time or trouble to be worth it. My compressor gets hot enough as it is, I use a Milton inflator with a 3' whip so no stooping to inflate, and an ARB E-Z Deflator is fast enough, too. Someone using a Power Tank or similar for inflation could make the most of it, though.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
You think we’re in Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeflate is in some other country and doesn't have any US distributors on their website. I have no idea where you are. The original guy that asked the question is in Texas...USA.

PSea

I bought coyote delators. Compact. Can customize psi and you don't have to babysit them while they deflate.

alia176

Explorer
I have a rapid deflator deal from ARB, looks similar to the Amazon unit on post #9. It works quite well but lately, I've been finding myself using the tip of my leatherman tool and an old fashion tire pressure gauge for deflation duties. Apparently my mindset is changing when it comes to being in a hurry with some fiddling deflation vs doing it the old fashion way. Think I still prefer using the Stauns for unattended deflation duties while I ******** chat over the rapid deflation unit but each to their own. I have both in the vehicle and use whichever fits my mood.

I also built one of those unattended inflation deal using a simple pressure regulator but even with a high capacity compressor like my engine driven York, I find myself not using it. It is SUPER slow and I can't tell when it's done inflating. Inflating the tires using the old fashion way, I can hear high pressure air going into the tires and usually takes less than three min per tire (315 75/16). But, if I wanted to ******** chat while inflating, I'll use it on occasion. Again, each to their own.

emulous74

I got a gift of the indeflate from a family member. I tried it out in my garage using my ARB portable twin air compressor with air tank and was able able to deflate (285/70/17 x 4) from 35 psi to 20 psi and reflate to 35 psi in under ten minutes. I was able to hook it up to my platform rack so no bending over to check where it was at. The automatic leveling for two tires was nice. It fits fine in the provided fabric zip storage in my Decked Drawer so it's permanently with me all the time. That is the fastest I've been able to deflate/reflate, so I think it's worth it's price if you're not up to building your own.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
It's a total waste of Money and space and weight,

Seems like people are so hell bent on Airing up in a nano second and want to Air Down before they have got the park brake On, which is totally pointless, the whole idea with going out there is to enjoy the day and airing up and down is just part of that day,

The ARB EZ Deflator has served us well in everyday life as have Staun deflators and their many clones, This thing is just another over sized piece of junk that weighs about as much as 8 or 10 EZ Deflators and is going to take up just as much room maybe more, Have these clowns who dream up this crap got nothing better to do, It is hideous and over sized and totally impractical and keeping those hoses under control when the going gets tough will be a pain and it is going to take up valuable space in our already over loaded vehicles,

This thing is a joke, It is nothing more than a play thing, Have people totally lost the concept of why we go out in the bush, You can buy a knockoff copy of an EZ Deflator for around 10 bucks and they are as good as the original that will last years, I know this for a fact bcause back when I tested many Tyre Gauges I bought Two ARB versions and Two Copies along with many other gauges and out of 13/14+ Gauges only one was out by less than 0.7 psi and the rest were all spot on, We truly don't need anymore bright ideas like this from bored retirees especially some thing so impractical as this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior