Indonesia 4x4 Expedition

wahyubali

These are pictures when I helped 7 cars on my way from West Borneo to Central Borneo.
88.jpg

89.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

103.jpg

105.jpg

Great pics... :Wow1:

I`m just curious why all those guys have german flags on their shirts?

EDIT: Or is it just red/yellow? Kind of hard to see with the dark shirts...

wahyubali

@Steinbruchsoldat, haha, no, they are not of the German flags.

Here are some new pictures:

Strike! Hook up snake-heads!
106.jpg

On my way to East Borneo, I saw something really interesting. I saw someone sitting on a tree that has been made in such a way to be comfortable. I stopped and asked if he was hunting. He didn't answer which confused me, after some time, I realised that he was trying to get mobile receptions/signals.
108.jpg

andrealiem

Met a local fisherman. He doesn't sell what he catches, he eats them.
107.jpg

A big truck carrying coals.
110.jpg

Saw a Toyota FJ40 which is used to carry woods from the forest.
111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

r3run33

Adventurer
love the mods on that 40; hey as long as its running right?? Oy those pics of that red mud! I dont miss that stuff. If you have down time any info on your build up of the 80? Very interested in your roof rack and exo roll bar. thanks

wahyubali

Now I'm in East Borneo, 3 participants' cars of Indonesia 4x4 Expedition who are going to join me decided not to come maybe they are already too tired in West Borneo. The distance between West Borneo and East Borneo is +-2000km, the condition of the road, some of them are okay and some of them are average and some of them are really bad, it takes 4 days to take me there. In East Borneo, for the survey to go to the forest, I was accompanied with Mr.Husein, he lives in Samarinda, East Borneo. He brought Toyota 79 Series.
139.jpg

2 Toyotas whose ready to explore the forest, East Borneo.
134.jpg

132.jpg

130.jpg

129.jpg

During the way, we saw many fallen trees.

We were checking the routes with the maps and the GPS.
136.jpg

One of the big trees that are left in the forest.
127.jpg

This is our basecamp in the forest.
138.jpg

137.jpg

wahyubali

140.jpg

141.jpg

Finally we arrived at the end of the road. To keep on moving, we have to make a way to get out, because roads are closed and some bush and some road was destroyed. We finally decided to go back, because we were running out of gasoline.
142.jpg

143.jpg

Our last day of camp in the forest.
144.jpg

We went fishing too.
145.jpg

146.jpg

We had enough fish to eat.
147.jpg

On our way back to the city, there was an accident.
148.jpg

149-1.jpg

150-1.jpg

151.jpg

152-1.jpg

Truck Logging.
153-1.jpg

154-1.jpg

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Boy those logging trucks in Borneo are scary, especially when you are new there and you dont know which side of the road they will be on when they come around the corners. It wasn't until my third day that I figured out the system with the little arrows on the trees... Heck it wasn't until then that I figured out that those little scratches were supposed to be arrows...

Love to hear more about the route you took.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior