Installed Bluetooth CB, On Board Air Compressor, Medic Kit, Fire Extinguisher (Pics)

S

Street Wolf

020-1.jpg

021.jpg

035-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

025.jpg

023.jpg

052.jpg

029-1.jpg

030.jpg

jham

Adventurer
alright so what's the skinny on the bluetooth cb? I know what it's supposed to do... does it actually do it, and does it perform well? Easy to use, and worth the money?

Josh

Adventurer
While you were right to consider backing plates on the first aid kit and fire bottle don't overlook the weak link there. That whole flimsy panel is hung on little plastic clips that are not known for their durability. Before hitting any bumps or slamming the door you might look at fastening through the 1st aid box and into the steel of the door with some kind of blind fastener.

Kind regards, Josh

James86004

Expedition Leader
alright so what's the skinny on the bluetooth cb? I know what it's supposed to do... does it actually do it, and does it perform well? Easy to use, and worth the money?

Hey, you know more than me. This is the first I have heard of Bluetooth CB. What does it do?

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Something to consider for the first aid kit - if you are on any sort of incline forward or to the driver's side it is likely that the contents of the kit may spill out when the box is opened. Having the box removable would prevent this and make you mobile for first aid care.

I like the compressor mount.

Brian

S

Street Wolf

Hey, you know more than me. This is the first I have heard of Bluetooth CB. What does it do?

Actually... almost to my own surprise it works flawlessly. After the initial set-up (Which was rather easy itself) I have it set so that my phone will auto-connect to the CB when I get into the truck and turn the key on.

The Bluetooth capability of the CB basically turns the CB into a hands free device. Technically you're suppose to hold and speak into the mic as you would on any CB. However it picks up well enough that I just leave the mic laying on the center console and everyone I've spoken too so far has said it's as loud and clear as ever.

It also gives you the capability of using a wireless microphone for the CB itself, or purchasing a headset to use if you wanted.

Worth the money in my opinion. My other CB was on it's way out anyways and I had always been eying this Bluetooth Cobra.

While you were right to consider backing plates on the first aid kit and fire bottle don't overlook the weak link there. That whole flimsy panel is hung on little plastic clips that are not known for their durability. Before hitting any bumps or slamming the door you might look at fastening through the 1st aid box and into the steel of the door with some kind of blind fastener.

Kind regards, Josh

Very true. The first night we did the initial install, it was held on by nothing more than the factory plastic door clips. However yesterday when we were doing the on-board air system I finished up the door panel by securing it with screws around the edge of the panel that go all the way into the metal part of the door. Using 'caps' to make it look a bit better.

35k8vhs.jpg

Something to consider for the first aid kit - if you are on any sort of incline forward or to the driver's side it is likely that the contents of the kit may spill out when the box is opened. Having the box removable would prevent this and make you mobile for first aid care.

I like the compressor mount.

Brian

Yeah, this is a bit of a problem. Works great on level ground or leaning towards the passenger side. However we really had absolutely no other way to mount it. (Trying to keep the cargo bay area still roomy for a German Shepherd too. :) )

If we can think of a way to mount it the where it currently is, but have it removable, yet snug enough so that it doesn't remove itself. I'll certainly be changing it up. Fortunately we do have a slightly smaller kit under the front passenger seat as well that can easily be removed.

jham

Adventurer
so, it basically connects the person on the other end of the phone to your cb, as if they were on a radio elsewhere? You push the button on the mic and it transmits to them, you let go of the button, and it's like putting your cell on mute?

S

Street Wolf

so, it basically connects the person on the other end of the phone to your cb, as if they were on a radio elsewhere? You push the button on the mic and it transmits to them, you let go of the button, and it's like putting your cell on mute?

Almost. It does connect the person on the other line and plays them over the CB speaker, or external speaker just like if they were on a CB in the car next to you. However you don't have to key the microphone to speak to them.

James86004

Expedition Leader
Sounds like it turns the CB into a handsfree device for your cell phone? Or does it make it so the person at the other end of the phone link can communicate with someone at the other end of the CB link?

jham

Adventurer
Almost. It does connect the person on the other line and plays them over the CB speaker, or external speaker just like if they were on a CB in the car next to you. However you don't have to key the microphone to speak to them.

got it. wow, thanks for the info. I might have to check this thing out!

S

Street Wolf

Sounds like it turns the CB into a handsfree device for your cell phone? Or does it make it so the person at the other end of the phone link can communicate with someone at the other end of the CB link?

Basically turns the CB into a hands free device. The CB mic has a Bluetooth button on it that will answer, hang up, redial, and connect you to voice dialing.

got it. wow, thanks for the info. I might have to check this thing out!

Yep, I'd recommend it if your looking for a CB. I'm already hooked on using the bluetooth capabilities and I've only had it for a few days. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman