Installing a Cruise Control to a 2017 FUSO Canter FGB71

GrantBerry

This weekends little project : Fit a Cruise Control to my 2017 FGB71. Took about 2 hours (I like to tackle wiring carefully!) Works brilliantly. Best $725 spent on the vehicle ! Model is Autostrada, and is a relatively simple plug-n-play and three solder-taps. I opted for the "wireless" steeringwheel button for neat, tidy and convenient install - yah, I know I'll have to replace the little battery every few years, but thats no biggie. The "RTFC" cable behind the radio is really short, and needed to be unplugged to get the radio out the way so that I could access the main wiring loom under the dash behind the radio. (no idea what RTFC is ... anyone?) Had to chamfer a bit off the top of the wireless steering button to make it fit without putting too much pressure on the Horn bezel Handy Hint : Disconnect hooter before installing the steering-wheel controls if you don't want to drive your neighbours mad :)
Nice little sticker and LED fits sweetly into a spare switch socket (I think this would be the PTO switch on equipped models) . Control box fitted (cable tied) up under the dash above the pedals, alongside the servo.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpgCruiseControl install1.jpgCruiseControl install2.jpgCruiseControl install3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78