Installing snorkel with existing aftermarket cold air intake 2003 Tacoma w/ 3.4

CavTrooper

Observer
I am planning on installing a snorkel and still have the original air filter box in my box of goodies, but is there a way to incorporate an aftermarket cold air intake with the snorkel? Any thoughts or should I just reinstall the OEM parts and go from there.

Thanks,

Steve

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
x4... If you just intended to get a cold air intake instead, okay, but not necessary with the snorkel. One of the members on the FJ Forum a while back decided to add a CAI after he had already had a snorkel for a year. The snorkel by itself had the obvious effect of dropping his intake temps 8-10deg (basically down to whatever ambient temperature was in the summer months) according to his ScanGauge, but after he added the CAI there was no additional intake temperature drop. He said his throttle response felt more 'snappy' (or something like that), and that he liked the additional noise it made at full throttle, but that's all it really did. He was curious to know what the difference would have been had he chosen instead to go with just the CAI and no snorkel, but with the snorkel already mounted up and a gaping hole already drilled in the fender he just said '****** it and left it alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman