Instrument panel / Climate Control / Corner Lights flickering when braking. HELP!

Forceinducted

Like the title said, have you guys experienced this problem before? It flickers only when you hit brake.

Yeah, so recently I've got this failure on my 95 Ls. Any help would be great. Thanks!

MonteroLTD

Adventurer
I've seen wiring to the trailer rot and touch, causing a back feed. Just one possibility. You should be able to disconnect the harness from your truck at the rear.

Have you had anything done recently? Change any light bulbs?

Forceinducted

I've seen wiring to the trailer rot and touch, causing a back feed. Just one possibility. You should be able to disconnect the harness from your truck at the rear.

Have you had anything done recently? Change any light bulbs?

Yes, I did changed all the bulbs on the tail lights. Last time I checked the wiring is covered with hard plastic, I don't know if it got rotten and such. The female connector at the end looks clean though. Maybe the wire inside the cover touching each other?

nckwltn

Explorer
undo the rear driver's tail light housing... behind that (at least in my '99) is a tail light converter... On my 99, it was daisy chained into the harness running to the tail light housing, making it pretty easy to undo and pull out of the loop.

If that is the problem, you can buy another tail light converter from your auto parts store, cut the old one out and wire in the new one. part is around $25

Forceinducted

Still haven't work on it yet but my cluster lights and tail lights are completely gone. Still lit when you hit brakes though.

Forceinducted

I've check on what you guys said, tried disconnecting the trailer harness also seen that tail light converter(trailer harness?) nothing has changed. Also I just notice last night the corner lamps are also gone. There's no wire hanging under my dash to cause this. Checked the tail light and wires are ok.

Forceinducted

Well it's just a fuse. I did checked that though and find it ok until I double checked it last night. Blown 10 amp fuse at the engine bay fuse box. lol :slaphead:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78