Insurance Cost

4milesurfer

Has anyone one else renewed their RV insurance recently and seen a dramatic increase in their premium cost? I use Progressive and my annual premium cost is increasing 23% next year. I haven’t gotten any tickets or had any accidents or claims.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Tons of variables in what goes into an insurance rate. If your state insurance commission okay'd an increase then most companies jump at that and raise rates. If your credit rating went down between now and the last time you policy renewed they might raise your rates. If region wide there was an increase in RV claims (comp, collision, or liability) they might raise your rates. Check around and see what other companies are charging for the same coverage (make sure you provide your limits from the dec page of your policy) and you might find a cheaper rate or see that it's all fairly close.

4milesurfer

Okay, so I spoke with Progressive. It appears that they've increased rates across the board for customers in CA. I'm shopping around and will report back if I get a dramatically lower rate somewhere else. For those interested, I use State Farm for our houses, toys, and umbrella policy but they aren't interested in insuring the RV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior