Interesting take on OHV useage from a Canadian.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Yeah, I just saw that today too. Brings up a lot of good points. A LOT of good points. As long as what he is talking about refers to existing trails and keeping on said trails, I think his is a hard argument to beat.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
AURS has done a lot of good things for Alberta and ensuring that local OHV trails aren't closed. Reminds me that I should renew my membership...

Unfortunately, I wish every user was as reponsible as those who created the video. Life would be much easier then.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Very well done video. I'm glad to see someone in the OHV crowd use the analolgy with cattle. The question in the video, if a 100,000 cows are allowed to ******** it a stream, then why can't a jeep cross it? Very valid point that I'm glad to see someone make.

Toward the end, the slide on "oil makes money for Alberta" seemed out of place.

Great video, thanks for linking it.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
I wonder if what he was trying to get at was that Oil makes money IN Alberta, tourism can make money FOR Alberta. I am thinking he means oil is there, but the money goes elsewhere, whereas tourism dollars would stay local. Just a guess, though.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Fat_Man said:
I wonder if what he was trying to get at was that Oil makes money IN Alberta, tourism can make money FOR Alberta. I am thinking he means oil is there, but the money goes elsewhere, whereas tourism dollars would stay local. Just a guess, though.

That might be what he was saying, I think you're right. Not that slide makes sense, just watched the ending again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior