Interesting take on vehicle modification

utherjorge

Observer
Once again, this is like goalpost moving. In these last two posts, you correctly explain how unlikely this all is to happen. I'll ignore my personal experiences other than mentioning that I have previously said that they'll go for low-hanging fruit for sure. It's not likely, if really possible, for a forensic weighing of a vehicle other than taking the parts and weighing them new from the creator/builder/retail, adding that total up, and saying "whammo, you were over GVWR".... though that's what they did in the Harley case. They went so far as to weigh both riders and their weights are in the lawsuit.

But still.

So, I think we all agree that this is rare...but there's no doubt that it happens on some level. Ever been speeding, and get a ticket for a broken taillight? I have. Ever got a speeding ticket but the officer wrote it up as "parking on a highway" or "littering"? The point is that a path was taken that was less work that still got the point across. You rig doesn't have to be weighed if you were drunk, and that's way easier to prosecute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior