Interior pics before the Conversion

GpnAZ

Observer
If anybody is interested I thought I would post a few interior pics before I convert my lower bed to a dinette. I originally had a couch, but converted it to the bed at least 7 years ago, but now I'm looking forward to the dinette. My camper is a 2000' FWC Hawk and I originally had it on a 2000' Chevy with all the mods. I now have a 2008' Dodge PW which I really like because all the stuff I did to my Chevy came stock on my PW:). I hope to have my conversion done in about a month (I'm slow). One mod I wanted to point out if anybody is interested is on my front lifter I had 1/2" aluminum welded on to strengthen the lifter and it not only did that but made it twice as easy to lift the front because of no flex on the lifter. I am still interested in the gas lift shocks for lifting it though, future mod. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• FWC camper 1.jpg
    FWC camper 1.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 464
  • FWC camper 3.jpg
    FWC camper 3.jpg
    893.5 KB · Views: 409
  • FWC camper 2.jpg
    FWC camper 2.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 367
  • FWC camper 5.jpg
    FWC camper 5.jpg
    988.9 KB · Views: 381
  • FWC camper 4.jpg
    FWC camper 4.jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 384

1stDeuce

Explorer
Nice setup you have! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.

Out of curiosity, why is the fantastic fan in the back wall instead of the roof, and how do you like it that way?

Chris

GpnAZ

Observer
Good question on the fan, I originally had an air conditioning unit when FWC built the camper for me, being from Arizona I thought I just had to have one. Well I used it twice in 5 years and both times more to see how it worked rather than I needed it. The AC compressor and connections finally shook apart from all the washboard roads, so I removed the unit and replaced it with a fantastic fan which works just great. I do not spend a lot of time in my camper, I'm usually driving around exploring or out hiking looking for pictures to take.

GpnAZ

Observer
questions on flooring

I stripped out the old linoleum flooring as it was curling up around all the edges and want to put some new flooring in. Question is, replace with another sheet of linoleum, or something nicer such as glue down vinyl tile squares or vinyl wood look planking. How well does the self adhesive vinyl tiles hold to the wood floor? The vinyl wood planking adheres on the edges and I wonder how well that stays down? Maybe someone with some experience with these products can chime in. These are products sold at Home Depot. My new dinette boxes will be installed over them. I also usually have a loose piece of carpet that sits on top of the flooring and that is why I'm not sure if I want the extra work and cost of the upgrade. Your input is appreciated.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Personally I would go with a vinyl wood floor. There are kinds that install as a floating floor, no adhesive needed. That is what I am going to try, I figure with some trim around the edges it should hold. This will save the weight of adhesive, which if you think about it is heavy stuff.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
I installed the stick style linoleum tiles from Home Depot in mine. They have help up very well to about 18 months of pretty good abuse so far. Looks good, and was about $16 total. Picts in this thread.
Good Luck!

iame58

Studded Rubber Flooring

Just my 2c...If you want something with fantastic wear characteristics and almost indestructible, I'd use 'studded rubber flooring'. You've probably seen it in businesses entryways and high traffic areas, for good reason. This stuff is tough! We used some scraps at work for a rock guard in front of a power street broom subject to constant bombardment of sharp gravel and it lasted for over 12 years, nothing else we tried made for more than 2 years. Looks like it is available in tiles as well as sheets.

Attachments

• studded_rubber.jpg
    studded_rubber.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 58

jfb

There is a product made by Mannington, called ICore that might work well. It comes in 6 inch wide by five foot lengths, is entirely plastic, lightweight, and fits toghether with rubber splines. Has different wood grain looks, but may be a bit on the pricey side.

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
Hey Mark,
If you are interested in the lifter (gas struts) mod, I could stop by the shop sometime and show you how I did it on my Hawk. Right now the camper is on the ground at my place (East Mesa) for the next month, but your welcome to stop by if you wanted to see it sooner. Good luck with the mods.
Michael

Overland Hadley

on a journey
There is a product made by Mannington, called ICore that might work well. It comes in 6 inch wide by five foot lengths, is entirely plastic, lightweight, and fits toghether with rubber splines. Has different wood grain looks, but may be a bit on the pricey side.

I like it! Thanks for the link.

GpnAZ

Observer
flooring completed

Thanks iame58 and jfb for the good ideas, but I took my wife to Home Depot and she picked the sheet linoleum and you know that's final, but I did like her choice and got it and one of the dinette cabinets installed today. I will post some pics as soon as I get them downloaded from the camera.

Hey Michael - Good to hear from you and I would like to look at your setup and catch up with you. You can PM me with your ph# and I'll give you a call.

GpnAZ

Observer
new interior pics

A few pictures of the new linoleum flooring and one of the dinette and front storage cabinets I installed today. The new cabinet is lighter in color but I am hoping to either build a new cabinet to match the dinette or put new lighter veneer on the existing. I am still a couple weeks away from having cushions, I'm just ordering stuff as it goes together so it's taking a little longer than I thought. I also received the Lagun pedestal to mount my new table top on. It is the copy version from Springfield and I paid $75 for it and it seems to be of decent quality, will see when I put the table top on it.

Attachments

• _DSC1207.jpg
    _DSC1207.jpg
    901.2 KB · Views: 166
  • _DSC1204.jpg
    _DSC1204.jpg
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 157
  • _DSC1194.jpg
    _DSC1194.jpg
    922 KB · Views: 142

Forum statistics

Threads