Interior pics before the Conversion

GpnAZ

Observer
Getting closer!

I made some progress this weekend by getting my cabinets screwed down and table top and pedestal installed. The corian table top turned out heavier then i wanted, so will have to see how that works out. I'm thinking I will have to travel with it in the down position, so some of the trails and washboard roads don't blow the Lagun pedestal mount apart. I had to modify the Lagun mount because the one arm was too long. I am waiting on my brackets to be welded for the removable back support for the cabinet closest to the door. I am also waiting on my upholstery (cushions) to get completed. The hole in the one cabinet has a door that was removed to do some color matching for the 1/4 round molding I want to install where the vinyl meets the walls/cabinets. I built the cabinets high enough to use a porta-pottie with a 5.5 gallon waste tank and that hole on the cabinet is to access the flush handle. So it's close but not complete, maybe another week or so if I am lucky!

Attachments

• _DSC1317.jpg
    _DSC1317.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 138
  • _DSC1316.jpg
    _DSC1316.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 135
  • _DSC1318.jpg
    _DSC1318.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 132
  • _DSC1321.jpg
    _DSC1321.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 122
  • _DSC1322.jpg
    _DSC1322.jpg
    850.3 KB · Views: 135
  • _DSC1315.jpg
    _DSC1315.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 127

jfb

Good work on your interior. The Corian looks like it might be Matterhorn? I used that on our kitchen countertops which was a DIY project. It works well but it is a bit on the heavy side, but I guess that is a 1/2 veneer on top, and a veneer on the edges as opposed to a solid piece?:)

GpnAZ

Observer
Good work on your interior. The Corian looks like it might be Matterhorn? I used that on our kitchen countertops which was a DIY project. It works well but it is a bit on the heavy side, but I guess that is a 1/2 veneer on top, and a veneer on the edges as opposed to a solid piece?:)

Thanks for your comments. We picked it out of a remnant pile so I wasn't able get a style name, but we also had tops made from the same material for the other cabinet as well. I won't put those tops on until I reface the cabinet to match the dinette. It is a 1/2" veneer on top and edge with a 1/2" particle board as backing. Using the remnant pile I was able to get all the tops made and finished for $270, which I thought was reasonable.

GpnAZ

Observer
Close to the end!

I received the cushions and installed the removable back support for the cabinet closest to the door. Not real happy with the angle of the back support (too straight vertically) and will be modifying that for a little more angle. I cut my corner molding but didn't have the right nails to fasten them down and decided on screwing them down instead of nailing them. I still need to attach my sliders for the access doors for the tie downs. I also need to figure out a way to secure the table top down when I am traveling, but especially for off road travel. Overall pretty happy with the way it turned out and anxious to get out and try it.

Attachments

• _DSC1332.jpg
    _DSC1332.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 141
  • _DSC1330.jpg
    _DSC1330.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • _DSC1328.jpg
    _DSC1328.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 136
  • _DSC1325.jpg
    _DSC1325.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
  • _DSC1324.jpg
    _DSC1324.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123

shanz3n5

Adventurer
been looking at your Lagun table mount here and WTW. i believe you said u got for $75. remember where?
thanx john

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior