International 4700 Ambo build

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I should think it would take one heck of a lot of effort to lift that truck with a Hi-Lift, but more power to you mate. It also doubles as a winch in a pinch.

Looks like a nifty build so far. Best of luck!

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
That was the plan when buying it, something that would be easy to get parts for. Everywhere I have been in the USA, I have seen International 4700's on the road. Installed it this morning, time for a break bleeding!
eba9yjaz.jpg

3yta2u7a.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Finally got the holes enlarged for the new rear cab mounts. Sadly the cold slows things down...

da8enuqu.jpg

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Modified some of the interior lights to led lights. I am very pleased with the results!
4e7a2ahu.jpg

ta5a6e8u.jpg

amabajen.jpg

a7yva2e2.jpg

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Installed the red LED modules in the other ceiling lights, really like how they turned out. The pictures don't do it justice.

vysuse7u.jpg

ydy6yza8.jpg

Then I made the last light like a night light that can be either red or white by the flick of switch.

rava5a3u.jpg

ahese7uv.jpg

jbob

Observer
Freakin' awesome job. I'm going to steal some of your ideas.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

Joe's Toy

Observer
Is the red lighting for better night vision? I've read that red is easier for your eyes to transition back to dark.

Installed the red LED modules in the other ceiling lights, really like how they turned out. The pictures don't do it justice.

vysuse7u.jpg

ydy6yza8.jpg

Then I made the last light like a night light that can be either red or white by the flick of switch.

rava5a3u.jpg

ahese7uv.jpg

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Back in my offshore fishing days, we used red lights at night to reduce night vision loss. so I figured when camping in the woods, red lights would make it less strain on my eyes when I went in the truck for a beer!

Here is today's find:
aqydyryh.jpg

dysybyhy.jpg

It is a fire truck cab heater. While at an auto salvage yard, I saw a wrecked fire truck in the back corner of the lot. I asked if I could go look at it for parts I might need (drove the ambulance there). I found this jewel on the ground next to the cab, they had cut the diamond plating out where it mounted. I snatched it up, asked how much. The guy asked what it was and why I wanted it, I replied, it is a cab heater, and I want it for my ambulance. He said for an ambulance, it is free! Score! Now time to find a place for it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior