International WORKSTAR 7400 6x6

SootyCamper

No affiliation to these bad boys. Seems there are a few available. No emissions crap from factory. If you want a big camper it doesn't get much more badroad worthy than this.

6x6 with lockers and big daddy winch.

$135,000CAD

Alberta, Canada

Screenshot_20221209-151248.png
Screenshot_20221209-151248.png

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-trucks/calgary/2019-international-workstar-7400/m4955138

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
Glad to hear that you can import it. This would make a cool base for an off-road RV. OK, maybe a little long, but very sturdy. Could always cut off some of the frame behind the tandems.

$`135K is a decent price for one of these, providing they are in good shape. Were they former Canadian Army rigs?

SootyCamper

Given the lack of emissions equipment, I'd say they were destined for Canadian forces, but they are entirely too "new" to be sold off. I imagine the dealer would have more info.

They're way to large for what I'm looking for but would make a damn fine offroad camper for a family who needs more living space.

Asval

These are typically used as oilfield vans/buses more than likely, they're made to move people in remote locations.

It's a cab chassis, so it looks like a brand new vehicle that someone canceled on their order from the factory.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I'm a mobile tech for an International dealer. That truck is military, you can tell by the rear tie downs. I'm not too sure it could be imported into the US with no emissions as 2019 models require lots of emissions. And a DT530? In 2019? I WISH that engine was still available without emissions. Get me the last 8 of the VIN and I can see who ordered it and how they spec'd it.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I've actually worked on one truck getting imported into the US from Canada. Had to go change the speedo in the cluster and then do some programming so it could be imported. The Canadian speedo was in KMH with smaller numbers in MPH, the big numbers had to be in MPH for it to be imported.

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
These have been for sale for a while. Another ad I saw a few months ago for these same trucks explicitly said they were for export only and could not be registered in the US or Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That truck is a gem if it can be registered in a lenient state like mine. 2002 emissions IOW all the advantages of electronic control but not even EGR to fail and leak coolant into intake.
Terry was kind enough to send a picture of the jackshaft. It’s only 16” long, looks almost impossible to swap the FSO8406A 7.05 1st, 0.78 6th, for RTO14909ALL (26.08 LL1, 0.73 8th).
Doesn’t have or really need front locker since it’s 6x6 with lockers in the rear where 70% of the weight will be. But front limited slip is available.
With the 6.14s and 14.00R20 singles top speed at 2000rpm would be 59-60mph. Cruising at 1800 about 54. Don’t think 16.00s would fit, I think axle spacing is 54”, 16.00s are 53.1” - too close.
Best thing is price: ~USD 100k!!!
Unfortunately no CTIS.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
That truck is a gem if it can be registered in a lenient state like mine. 2002 emissions IOW all the advantages of electronic control but not even EGR to fail and leak coolant into intake.
Terry was kind enough to send a picture of the jackshaft. It’s only 16” long, looks almost impossible to swap the FSO8406A 7.05 1st, 0.78 6th, for RTO14909ALL (26.08 LL1, 0.73 8th).
Doesn’t have or really need front locker since it’s 6x6 with lockers in the rear where 70% of the weight will be. But front limited slip is available.
With the 6.14s and 14.00R20 singles top speed at 2000rpm would be 59-60mph. Cruising at 1800 about 54. Don’t think 16.00s would fit, I think axle spacing is 54”, 16.00s are 53.1” - too close.
Best thing is price: ~USD 100k!!!
Unfortunately no CTIS.
You might be able to sneak it in and register it but the emissions stuff is a Federal requirement and if you got caught you very well could have it seized and crushed along with paying fines. It's definitely got a sweet powertrain compared to some of the newer stuff I work on. Like a 2008 Maxxforce 11 that won't regen, ugly and expensive.

Asval

You might be able to sneak it in and register it but the emissions stuff is a Federal requirement and if you got caught you very well could have it seized and crushed along with paying fines. It's definitely got a sweet powertrain compared to some of the newer stuff I work on. Like a 2008 Maxxforce 11 that won't regen, ugly and expensive.
I wouldn't say it's a requirement, there are exemptions or loopholes.

Not sure if it's the case anymore but it used to buy you could buy a glider semi if you wanted to, basically a brand new truck with an old engine. The advantage being no DEF and no e-logs, not sure if they put a stop to that.

There's a lot of loopholes for most laws, you just gotta get creative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears