Introducing BlueGerbil

BlueGerbil

C´est le gerbil plus bleu
Hi guys,
just wanna say hello! I´m Jan, I´m from Germany and from there we´re making some travels through Europe. The main travel- and offroad-rig is a Jeep Cherokee, that´s why I post it here in the Jeep board. We´ve got two other Cherokees, too - but they are "only" daily drivers for my wife and me and has been both converted to run on LPG which is half the price of regular fuel over her.

The "BlueGerbil" is a ´90 Jeep Cherokee which isn´t stock any more. I´ve just bought my 3rd roof tent (sold the 1st and 2nd), so we´ll be ready to travel again in some days.

Other modifications to the vehicle include: 7.5" lift, 35" MT tires, two lockers, upgraded axles, HID lightning, skidplates and bumpers all around, winch and some other stuff. Since we´re into geocaching and the degree confluence project a Garmin GPSMAP 278 is taking care of all navigation duties.

One of my favourite wheeling place are the french alps with it´s old milliatry gravel roads. But we´ve also been to the north cape, though Finland, Hungary, the Czech replubic, Italy and some other places.

bg057.jpg

bg058.jpg

bg059.jpg

bg060.jpg

Last edited:

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Great ride! Let see some pics of Europe........it's a loooooooong way from California
:lurk:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Welcome to Expedition Portal!

What an awesome Cherokee :cool: Tell us about the decal on the door :lurk:

What kind of roof tent did you get?

The confluence project is very fun! One of our members and resident adventure guys here is Uwe (WhiteThaiGer) who is the regional coordinator for Asia at confluence.org. I attempted some confluences in Thailand with him, and we made it to one of them

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
BajaTaco said:
Welcome to Expedition Portal!

What an awesome Cherokee :cool: Tell us about the decal on the door :lurk:
:wavey: Greetings and welcome! I want to know about the sicker too!

Sweeeet Jeep!

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Hello and Welcome. I'd swear that picture was taken here in NW Pennsylvania, looks like home. And that's one nice rig!

BlueGerbil

C´est le gerbil plus bleu
Thanks for the warm welcome!

The decal on the door is from "Camp Jeep", which was held in 2005 in southern france - was a great and fun trip!

The roof rack is made by Hannibal, a southafrica based company, which sells in the US too: www.hannibalusa.com - it´s made of aluminium, so it´s quite light.

The used roof tent I just bought is made by Beduin Tents:

beduin1.jpg

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks for the reply. I believe that is the first tent of that kind that we have seen here on the Portal. Let us know how you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears