Introduction

dumprat

Adventurer
No sorry. But it was super easy. Pop out the light, round the hole out with a die grinder, stuff the plug through and drill and bolt it on. Probably took me ten minutes.

dcwn.45

Observer
IMG_1711.jpg

The view from the drivers seat
I'm trying a nav app called OsmAnd on a Galaxy tab 3.
I made a quick bracket and just Velcro'd it all in place to try it out without anything permanent or disfiguring to the dash
So far the app works well without a cell or wifi connection

dcwn.45

Observer
Today I pulled the trigger on a Yakima Skyrise 3 from REI 😀
W 20%off and free shipping to a store it was a pretty good deal.
1158 w tax.
I will have it next week, and my girlfriend and I have 3 trips planned 👏👏👏
North shore in may, Custer SD in June, and Colorado in July!
I can't wait to try it out!

I also scored a nice aluminum Ram mount for my tablet/gps from Gander Mt for $35
I have the aluminum mount on the motorcycle for my Garmin 2720 ( which is fairly heavy) and it is much more stable than the plastic ones

dcwn.45

Observer
Got my new RTT!
I spent a few hours getting it installed.
I'm not planning on using it until may 19, but I wanted to make sure it was sorted out first,
Not to mention that I was excited to check it out!
IMG_1734.jpg
IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1742.jpg
IMG_1743.jpg
Quality of the tent seems very good,I need to do the setup/takedown a few times to get proficient though.

borison

Adventurer
Got my new RTT!
I spent a few hours getting it installed.
I'm not planning on using it until may 19, but I wanted to make sure it was sorted out first,
Not to mention that I was excited to check it out!
View attachment 395803
View attachment 395804
View attachment 395805
View attachment 395806
Quality of the tent seems very good,I need to do the setup/takedown a few times to get proficient though.
Keep us posted on your impressions of the Yakima tent. I've been eyeing this one as well. Thanks

dcwn.45

Observer
First impression of the new tires is .......
They are fantastic!
I'm so glad I wasn't tempted to save $100 and get some so so tires!
Doesn't feel like a loss of power, we will see how much of a hit I take on mpg.
I do notice a bit less body lean on corners, I suspect the other tires weren't up to the weight of the winch bumper.
I went with BFG lt 265/75/16 AT KO 2
IMG_1746.jpg
IMG_1745.jpg

dcwn.45

Observer
IMG_1828.jpg
My sliders came today 
They are Allpro w kick out ,bolt on ( here in Mn, I expect to need to touch up the paint so I'd like to be able to remove them)
They look super strong,I started priming them already

dcwn.45

Observer
Got my Allpro sliders installed
IMG_1834.jpg
IMG_1835.jpg
I have to say it wasn't fun
They are heavy and you have to drill 10 holes into the frame, 2 of which require an angle drill, and they are 3/8 holes so you have to start small and step up
It took about 5 hours and I still need to drill the last 2holes as I don't have an angle drill
The thought was that I can unbolt them to repaint but it was so much work that I don't think I would do that, I'd probably just mask off and paint in place
That being said, they're very well made and I'm happy with them.

dcwn.45

Observer
I just scored a Bestop super top off Craigslist for $200! It’s in pretty good shape and I think it’s going to be a better solution for everyday use than the tonneau cover for me.
I can’t load a pic because the only one I have is too large of a file
It looks great though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78