is 4x4wire gone?

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
^^ John Stewart. Nice enough guy. I was once able to dine with him in Fresno, paid for the meal using $$ I'd made selling some Montero parts. That evening was a full circle type night.

Reactions: plh
Colorado JpChef Mark from the old wire Trail Bites offroad culinary adventure article series 2000 to 2008 when i published Jeep Grille Adventures Camp Kitchen and Cookbook and began writing for JPFreek.com. Anyway I saw the wire site was down over covid and while all my article links and picture journals are gone I retained all original works in word and retained at least 90% of the photos since. I will be reposted them sporadically. Josh Lowenstein however wasn't so lucky and did not have all his tech articles over the years. Anyway... heres to the great many wire memories, travels, tech and friendships that emanated. I began this a long time ago I've since traded my heep for a Honda crosstour that thought it was a jeep... cheers Expedition Portal.

Chef Mark
https://www.facebook.com/OX4GrilleAdventures/

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I think the main issue I see is with the photos. When I was rebuilding my Monteros, search would send me to the perfect article or post on 4x4Wire, but all the photos were gone, rendering it next to useless. Well, actually, more frustrating that if never existed, because you could see that there used to be the perfect answer, but no longer.

ChrisCosta416

I think the main issue I see is with the photos. When I was rebuilding my Monteros, search would send me to the perfect article or post on 4x4Wire, but all the photos were gone, rendering it next to useless. Well, actually, more frustrating that if never existed, because you could see that there used to be the perfect answer, but no longer.

The photos were hosted uncompressed via photobucket and that is actually what took up most of the cost. I have the entire website contents I just need time and help to upload a copy of it. The photos SHOULD carryover too

MontySquareo

Jamie has the whole site, during the Sierra Challenge we'll probably discuss how we're going to relaunch 4x4wire. It's a lot of time and Money to do but we believe it's worth doing and needs to be done.
what is the sierra challenge? I've never heard of it

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
what is the sierra challenge? I've never heard of it

Only the decades running biannual Montero centric 4 wheeling event in the Sierra Nevada mountains, I guess Karl never came on one. We used to do Utah on the off years but that became sorta informal and sometimes ended up just being an Az event. This year we're running the easier Sierras trails; Rubicon, Slickrock, Strawberry pass and another one.

Toasty

I sort of have a plan for this, it's just going to take a lot of work and dedication.

Toasty

@Justice R I was only a kid when you guys were on Vmag! Hell, I was a kid when I joined 4x4wire in '01 and everyone had left Vmag. I remember hearing about it from guys like you, Ray and Lloyd.

Justice R

Adventurer
@Justice R I was only a kid when you guys were on Vmag! Hell, I was a kid when I joined 4x4wire in '01 and everyone had left Vmag. I remember hearing about it from guys like you, Ray and Lloyd.
Yea, the old days. VMag was where we organized the first montero rally in 96. Only 3 of us actually showed up, but it built a little hype and we had a lot more show up for the second or 3rd rally that I wrote about and got the article published in 4wd and Sport Utility magazine I believe it came out in November of 2000. “Monteros in Moab”

I’ll see if I can find my copy to scan and post. Haven’t been able to find it.

Toasty

Yea, the old days. VMag was where we organized the first montero rally in 96. Only 3 of us actually showed up, but it built a little hype and we had a lot more show up for the second or 3rd rally that I wrote about and got the article published in 4wd and Sport Utility magazine I believe it came out in November of 2000. “Monteros in Moab”

I’ll see if I can find my copy to scan and post. Haven’t been able to find it.

I'd love to see that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan