Is It Possible......

H0LLYW00D

Observer
I have in my truck a Cobra 19 DX IV CB radio, on it I have the PA speaker connection wired to a 250watt Kenwood amp and attached to the amp are two Pyle 25watt speakers. The system is setup at this point that the CB output will not be driven hard enough by the amp to blow the speakers, and everything is all well and good.

Here is what I want to do. I want to have a switch to control it so that i can either have the amp get a signal from the PA function on the CB radio or get a feed from the aux jack in my Tacoma. This would then let me play music or other audio from my iPhone or other audio device though the "PA" amp and speakers.

How would I go about wiring this up so that it will work with out blowing speakers, I cant see an iPhone headphone jack being more powerfull than the output on the CB radio.

Thanks for the help.

gary in ohio

Explorer
Not 100% sure but isnt the "AUX" jack an input so you can feed audio INTO the stereo? Not audio output from the stereo.

If it is an output, the easiest way would be to use 8ohm to 600ohm transformers. the 8 ohms side go to the cb, iphone and the amp input.
Then tie all the 600 ohm sides togeather Its a cheap way to combine audio sources without adding a mixer. You can expand this to however many inputs you need.

GlennA

Adventurer
You should be able to accomplish this with a DPDT toggle switch. Use the switch to connect/disconnect the input wire's + or -. There is no need to switch both the + and -, just one or the other.

My crude rendition of a DPDT switch.

0 0 From CB

0 0 To Amp

0 0 From IPod etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle