Is It Worth @ $30k to Make Your Newer Taco Look Old ? ?

86scotty

Cynic
had a tacoma with a snorkel for a few years. Everyone called it the Dorkle.

Another one of my useless opinions. They only good thing LR does right is the smooth factory snorkels on the newer SUV's. All OEMs should offer this on their overlandy models. It's not like it would be difficult or expensive and every OEM has very specific models that the Overlandy crowd goes for.

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 11.47.56 AM.png

Worth it to me? No. I think those look weird. But that’s my opinion. Someone else may have a different opinion. Doesn’t mean they’re “compensating” for something. They probably just enjoy different things than me.

dole

oh that’s rad @Todd n Natalie. on that note I would definitely also take a HiAce with some other internals in it to freshen it up. I want to strangle Toyota for not making those anymore, especially with van life being such a popular fad in recent years they would do so well bringing it back

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
oh that’s rad @Todd n Natalie. on that note I would definitely also take a HiAce with some other internals in it to freshen it up. I want to strangle Toyota for not making those anymore, especially with van life being such a popular fad in recent years they would do so well bringing it back
Like the 'N/A' HiAce? Like this?
toyotavan_anza2.jpg

Don't know why, but I've liked those vans since I was a kid.

I suppose it could have something to do with these:
195.jpg

images.jpg

Arktikos

Explorer
I always say if i had endless money i would put a 2014 tacoma into the body of a 1982 toyota pickup. dream truck

Sounds great to me, except for the unavoidable lack of legroom with the '82. Actually I'd be happy with the '82 as it was back then, except with a newer Toyota EFI truck engine instead of the old 20R. Even 22RE would be OK. Would also need a high end paint job to keep the rust demons away, right?

Steve_382

I thought maybe someone was doing a relic or rat rod modification to get some trail cred. They do it to brand new guitars and charge quite a premium for dragging it behind a car for a couple miles.

1663707348014.png

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Wanna Convo Yo Taco to Retro in S. Diego?

I’m not sure what to make of this idea ??‍♂️ but obviously someone smarter than I has determined that there’s a market for encouraging people with money burning a hole in their pockets to spend a load of cash to convert a newer rig into a retro one!

Is this an instant ?collectible or a waste of ? ?

View attachment 731571View attachment 731572View attachment 731573
I love it. Worldwide the" square is better" philosophy is prevalent. If I had the vehicle and dinero I'd gladly submit mine to chuck the metro look of the newer ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan