Is it worth building a Kj?

jh504

Explorer
D30s are ok but not beyond breakage. Just go ahead and SAS the thing and stick a 44 up there.:sombrero: An 8.25 and a 44 are a very sturdy combination.

jerbacher

Observer
We used to get this problem with Suzuki Sidekicks/Vitara. It got to the point where now the aftermarket makes a steel replacement for the housing in the front of a Sidekick/Vitara.

Does anyone make such a thing for Libbys? If not I sense a product opportunity. :)

no, no such thing on the market. although plenty of people have said "hey, why doesnt someone make a steel replacement" etc etc etc. Probably not enough people using Libertys for heavy duty applications and willing to pay the money to make the investment in a product like that worthwhile.

jh504 said:
D30s are ok but not beyond breakage. Just go ahead and SAS the thing and stick a 44 up there. An 8.25 and a 44 are a very sturdy combination.
yeah, there are some solid swapped libertys out there. I'm not sure if anyone has done 44/8.25 or not. i know theres at least one maybe two 30/8.25s and im not sure what the others have.

for me, i'm staying away from any real hardcore off-roading with the liberty as its a daily driver, so no SAS necessary

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Comparing a Samurai (SJ) to a Liberty is silly anyways. The liberty is more like a Sidekick, Vitara, or Kia Sorento.

Zeero

Adventurer
Yikes....comparing it to a Vitara or Kia.....still way off. Maybe the Compass or Patriot yeah...but not the Liberty.

:victory::sombrero:

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Yikes....comparing it to a Vitara or Kia.....still way off. Maybe the Compass or Patriot yeah...but not the Liberty.

:victory::sombrero:

Umm, no. IMNSHO a KJ/KK is a better vehicle than a Sidekick/Vitara - mainly becuase they are separated by almost 20 years of automotive design but that said, they are IFS front, solid axle rear, 2 speed transfer case equipped vehicles. At least any of the pre-AWD stuff from Suzuki.

Now, the recent car based stuff from Suzuki without a low range... Yeah, I don't have much use for those.

But let's not get this topic derailed again.

A Libby is a perfectly fine expedition style vehicle for use in North America, and Europe I guess. My only cause for concern would be the availability of spares overseas, particularly if you don't wrench yourself. If I was going to South America or Africa I would be going via Land Cruiser all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears