Is it worth it

Napoole1230

New to expedition portal, Been a long time Land Rover lover and finally have the cash to get involved. Always wanted a D1 with a diesel and a 5 speed. Well last night I stumbled on this. So my question to the rover experts here. Is this worth the asking price? Also for those that have a diesel conversion what's the parts availability for engine trans like?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4830720216.html

Werrea

Observer
What diesel motor and transmission? Support for diesel is here is the states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like a 300tdi to me. Millage is good, if that was in the UK you'd expect double.

The body work looks tidy but the only thing that matters is what the chassis is like and you won't know that till you've got underneath and poked around. With a screw driver.... and a hammer... a big hammer.

I don't know what its like getting parts for it in the US but a very simple engine.

I'd check who rebuilt the transmission and why. Box failure at that millage would be surprising unless it hasn't been maintained. If previous owners couldn't be bothered to keep the oil topped up in the box what else didn't they bother to do?

Basically advice on pricing is almost impossible without looking at it and driving it.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Pricing seems a little low for what these have been offered at lately in the states. Best year for the conversion, as well as color :D

Part availability is a little less than normal land rovers, but it is certainly there.

Napoole1230

Thanks for the input all. I'm gonna sit on it for a week see how I feel come Saturday when I have the day off to make the drive. Hope it is good as it looks. Still a little unsure how they smogged it here in ca.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Haha yes, very biased. However, white is in fact one of the most desirable D1 colors, and 95 is the latest year pre obd2, which is what makes this truck legal in plenty of states,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR Max

Local Oaf
2x the price of a D1 with a V8 and auto trans. That said, this is reasonably priced compared to other 300 TDI conversions.

As for parts, these engines have gained some popularity here in the states. So parts are available, just be prepared to wait on the brown truck to bring them. Ain't finding anything locally. That said, unless you overheat the 300 TDI, they are fairly durable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior