Is there a "FORSCAN Expert" on the forum?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
After 18 months with my F-150 I've finally decided I need to get with the program (see what I did there? ;) ) and figure out how to use FORSCAN to update the features on my truck.

Is there anyone here who is pretty competent with FORSCAN? I know there are a lot of 2015+ Ford owners here so I figure some of you guys must be pretty familiar with FORSCAN.

What I'd like to do, among other things, are:

1. Correct the odometer and MPG information for my slightly oversize tires (stock: 275/65/18 32.1", current 275/70/18 33.2")

2. Enable some features like the ability to make nav changes while driving, fog lights on with high beams and if possible, fog lights on with headlights off

3. Update the navigation information

There are probably many more things I CAN do, I'm just not that familiar with FORSCAN.

I guess my first dumb question would be: Is this something I can run from my smartphone (iPhone 6) or do I need to run it from a computer? And do I need some kind of USB Dongle that attaches to the OBD port or can I connect using one of the USB ports on the dashboard?

Thanks in advance!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Far from an expert, but I have used it extensively for my 2011 superduty
I followed forum suggestions from the forscan forum.
Also printed out a complete list of codes for changes.

Most all, if not ALL of the things you mentioned can be changed.
Except for the fog lights.... I could never sort that one out.
You can have the fogs run as DRL's though. Thats easy.

I've done the following...

*tire size formula adjustment for oversized tires
*turn off fast blink in order to run LED lighting
*upped the changing lane blink from 3 blinks to 5
*turned on puddle lights
*turned on remote start ( I then added OEM antennae and programmed keys)
*programmed second master key (used truck only came with one)
*turned of DRL
*turned off TPMS

I think that's it.... but I'm probably forgetting something.

As far as device vs laptop... last I checked, the temporary use license is free for desktop/laptop. Not so for mobile device.
You do need the correct dongle. For mine it wasn't expensive, but I did have to load the correct drivers for it to connect.

Betarocker

Adventurer
Not an expert either, but I have used it.

Turned off Hyperflash for LED blinkers
Reset TPMS range for 38" tires
Only adjusted tire size for within option range, and then cleared soft code permanently with option to recalibrate BCM/TCM. Still about 6% off.
Turned off DRL
Use it to force DPF regen when don't drive long enough.

Right now I believe you can only use a Windows computer to make changes. Can monitor with a smart phone.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
After 18 months with my F-150 I've finally decided I need to get with the program (see what I did there? ;) ) and figure out how to use FORSCAN to update the features on my truck.

Is there anyone here who is pretty competent with FORSCAN? I know there are a lot of 2015+ Ford owners here so I figure some of you guys must be pretty familiar with FORSCAN.

What I'd like to do, among other things, are:

1. Correct the odometer and MPG information for my slightly oversize tires (stock: 275/65/18 32.1", current 275/70/18 33.2")

2. Enable some features like the ability to make nav changes while driving, fog lights on with high beams and if possible, fog lights on with headlights off

3. Update the navigation information

There are probably many more things I CAN do, I'm just not that familiar with FORSCAN.

I guess my first dumb question would be: Is this something I can run from my smartphone (iPhone 6) or do I need to run it from a computer? And do I need some kind of USB Dongle that attaches to the OBD port or can I connect using one of the USB ports on the dashboard?

Thanks in advance!
Calling @Jnich77 F150 question for ya, lol

D

Deleted member 9101

Ahhh yes Forscan....good times. You can do some of it with a phone, but it's muuuch easier with a PC.

You'll need an adapter, this is the one I used:

There is a spread sheet that you csn download that has everything you need. I'll try and find it for you later on tonight.

D

Deleted member 9101

Other than the actual Forscan Forum, this thread is probably the most complete source of info:

Last edited by a moderator:

quachau

you can run it from your smart phone via bluetooth using this
There are two apps, the viewer & full access one. Friend of mine just got his obdmx+ , will get it set up this weekend. Should be convenient way to check CEL with the viewer.

So far I've used the windows laptop & this , works great

We were both tired of auxiliary lights coming on each time the doors are opened , especially in camp so used it to turn on Dark Mode. Friend upgraded to a larger fuel tank, adjusted the truck ( F250) for it.

Turned on the bambi mode (high beams + fogs), changed to turn blinker, seat belt warning dinging, temp displayed on the dashboard, removed XM radio option, retrieved driver door access code, few other things I cant remember any more.

Helpful material:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

I have never messed with Forscan but just seeing the conversation has me thinking about playing around with it. Sounds like it is pretty cool.

It only takes a min or two to get the hang of it. Just be sure to back up your stock settings before you tinker and after you successfully modify something. If you screw something up, it's easy to upload the stock/previously modified settings and fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior