Is this the all-new 2015 Defender?

Oilworker

Explorer
What do you think?

This concept study of the 2015 FORD Bronco has a great resemblance of the classic Land Rover Defender, don´t you think?

2015-Ford-Bronco_web800.jpg

After the DC100 was "killed" in the US this could actually be a great stunt to prepare the market for the all-new Defender

Some more images...

2015-Ford-Bronco-Concept_web800.jpg

2015-Ford-Bronco-rear-view_web800.jpg

2015-Ford-Bronco-side-view_web800.jpg

2015-Ford-Bronco-interior_web800.jpg

dynacorns-reproduction-ford-bronco-body--image-marc-langsam-dynacorn_100408603_l_web800.jpg

Ford-Bronco_2015_web800.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Concept-side-view_web800.jpg

Ford-Bronco_02_web800.jpg

…and a link for some more specs of the Defender, uups, sorry, the 2015 FORD Bronco Concept

It may be old, but it sure isn´t forgotten and this concept has just about everything that the new Defender is required to have.

Just put it onto the current Discovery platform, redraw a few lines and there you are…..

Last edited:

Exploder
You're not mistaken. That concept is almost old enough to get its driver's license.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Those pictures are very old. That is actually from when my dad work at Ford and those concepts had a lot of backing by a lot of high people, but had one very important person who didn't back it, and therefore it didn't make it into production. Mind you, this is probably [at least] second or third hand information to a 13 or 14 year old, but it makes me wonder if they would have released it before the Jeep JK Wrangler if this would have been the benchmark for small utility SUVs instead of the Wrangler. Probably not, but it would have been a nice bit of competition.

Eniam17

Adventurer
That thing looks cool but I don't think we will get lucky enough to see the real thing until it actually gets released. There have been so many "concepts" floating around for 5+ years or more now.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Those tired Ford Bronco concept vehicles first started being shopped around the Car Show circuit in 2004 and Ford sold Land Rover years ago. Yawn.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Additionally, that tired concept was based on the Escape chassis. I'm sure a new Defender could use a bit more "off road prowess" than that.

rover4x4

Adventurer
the JK is the last of a dying breed, no one will build another SUV that will actually be worthy of driving in the woods. Im so tired of fluffed up plastic station wagons posing as 4x4's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger

Members online