Is This the New Diesel Jeep Wrangler Being Tested in America?

bugnout

Adventurer
My guess is this is the export version being tested in the US. I don't think we are ever going to see a Diesel Wrangler.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I have to agree with bugnout, they didn't attempt to camouflage them. I just don't get why only VW has ever shown even passing interest in them here. Until I can get a D-4D Tacoma I'm gonna be keeping my old junk patched together and sit on the sidelines.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Why do the Euro JKU diesel jeeps in the photos have AEV Savegre wheels on them???

Something more is going on here I think...

forsakenfuture

Explorer
I wouldn't get to excited. Jeep has been known to test Euro spec Wranglers here. Last year they were doing it in Moab. It is cool that they were spotted by the E7 team.

haven

Expedition Leader
Like bugnout says, the Wranglers with diesel engines are built in Toledo, right alongside the gas engine models. Then they're exported to Europe and elsewhere. So seeing a Wrangler with CRD on the tailgate probably means nothing for us here.

Looking at the diesel stain below the fuel cap, I'd guess the Jeep in the photo is doing some long mileage testing of a new component.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
They build them in Toledo.....they are here and then gone...sort of like a fart in the wind.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Just got the new ActionCamper base vehicle, a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel Automatic which has in stock configuration 200 HP @ 3.600 RPM and 460 Nm @ 1.500 RPM. After we did the OCT tuning ( they work directly for Chrysler so this doesn't interfere with the warranty ) it has 226 HP @ 3.600 RPM and 510 Nm @ 1.500 RPM.

haven

Expedition Leader
For the metric system challenged, that's 340 ft lb, increased to 375 ft lb.

Ft lb is about 74% of the equivalent value in newton-meters.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Just got the new ActionCamper base vehicle, a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel Automatic which has in stock configuration 200 HP @ 3.600 RPM and 460 Nm @ 1.500 RPM. After we did the OCT tuning ( they work directly for Chrysler so this doesn't interfere with the warranty ) it has 226 HP @ 3.600 RPM and 510 Nm @ 1.500 RPM.

Show off! :(

-XJ-

Observer
Might maybe might maybe be a diesel wrangler in the US when they do the next wrangler update in 2014-2016.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Show off! :(

not a show off, pure excitement! The only good thing about the Austrian car tax system is that diesels don't pay so much consumtion penalty tax. Our JK's cost about 40% more than in the U.S.. So at least we can be happy to have this wonderful engine. The prices without tax and penalty for a JKU Rubicon Diesel Automatic and a V6 Automatic 34.400 EUR but after taxes for the diesel 50.900 EUR and the V6 55.400 EUR. Times 1.35 makes almost the double price as in the U.S.. Only the state is a big winner when you buy a car!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman