Is this why JLR are dropping Land Rover?

DieselRanger

JLR are not dropping Land Rover.

JLR is the brand; they are differentiating between Jaguar, Land Rover, and Range Rover as sub-brands, and then simplifying model ranges within.

You will still get a green oval and the words LAND ROVER on your vehicles.

DieselRanger

As many have said, they simply cater to a different market these days, and I guess had to make the shift in ideology to stay profitable. The vast majority of new owners I meet seem to have little interest or knowledge in the brand's heritage, it is just a luxury vehicle that is 'cool' to bee seen in, and that seems to be the most important thing to the current clientele..

New Defender Owners..

(And yes, I am one of those older bearded enthusiasts that generally know far more about the vehicles than the dealer staff, and I'm sure they are happy I don't come around)
Hate to break it to you, it's been this way since the late 1990s. Land Rovers were always expensive, rare, and of those that sold in meaningful numbers, well-appointed.

PhyrraM

Adventurer
I like having the choice between "old tech" and new (and a mix everywhere in between). I think there is a place for both. My Brother loves his Badlands Bronco, I think it's nice, but wouldn't own it. And the reverse is true about my L494.

I, personally, like the new tech..even though my price bracket is 10 year old Rovers. My L494 feels worlds ahead of his Bronco.

For me it' easy.

Solid vs. IFS/solid vs. IFS/IRS. The latter.. as most driving is on-road. An experienced driver can pick lines suited to their vehicles.
Body on frame vs. unibody (vs. aluminum unibody?) Lighter is better for me.
Lockers vs. traction control (vs. nothing?) Why not both?
Coils vs. leafs vs. air springs. Anything but leafs.

Almost all modern vehicles are very good. Pining for "the way it was" is wasted energy. It seems to me, in short, order the "way it was" is going to be the current cars we hate? The LR3, L332 and even Monteros, 100 and 200 series cruisers are more popular than ever, it seem. All despite being steps "backwards" on introduction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior