Is your new F150 stolen??

kbroderick

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but wouldn't a brand-new truck without actual manufacturer's paperwork ring alarm bells?

As in, I'd find it odd to have a truck that otherwise seemed new previously titled in Georgia rather than coming with an MSO. I don't know if Arizona does things sufficiently differently for that to make sense. I suppose it would also depend on mileage (i.e. 5k on it and "it was a corporate test rig registered in Georgia" sounds a lot more plausible than 1k on it, although I'd also expect any sort of test rig from Ford to be registered in Michigan if it wasn't wearing "Dealer" tags).

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Maybe I'm overlooking something, but wouldn't a brand-new truck without actual manufacturer's paperwork ring alarm bells?

As in, I'd find it odd to have a truck that otherwise seemed new previously titled in Georgia rather than coming with an MSO. I don't know if Arizona does things sufficiently differently for that to make sense. I suppose it would also depend on mileage (i.e. 5k on it and "it was a corporate test rig registered in Georgia" sounds a lot more plausible than 1k on it, although I'd also expect any sort of test rig from Ford to be registered in Michigan if it wasn't wearing "Dealer" tags).
That seemed odd to me as well. I think Arizona is one the least restrictive states for registrations. They use 3rd party providers for the MVD as well as state offices. I guess a lot of things are plausible there, like using a PO Box as your address on the title and stuff like that.

Personally even if it's possible that a new truck in AZ could be titled to the dealer and have 2k miles on it I'd personally be looking for an MSO and like 6 miles on the odometer to call it new.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
That seemed odd to me as well. I think Arizona is one the least restrictive states for registrations. They use 3rd party providers for the MVD as well as state offices. I guess a lot of things are plausible there, like using a PO Box as your address on the title and stuff like that.

Personally even if it's possible that a new truck in AZ could be titled to the dealer and have 2k miles on it I'd personally be looking for an MSO and like 6 miles on the odometer to call it new.

So you're telling me that relaxed regulations allow for wiggle room for hucksters to get one over on honest citizens? COLOR ME SHOCKED.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
So you're telling me that relaxed regulations allow for wiggle room for hucksters to get one over on honest citizens? COLOR ME SHOCKED.
Well, caveat emptor kind of factors in, too.

It seems that the whole distribution channel reeks of fraud from the moment it leaves the factory floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior