Issues with Inka Outdoors

Don't know if this will help sort out some of the lies and excuses. But here is the information I was told to keep me on the hook. My order was placed Mar of 2017, in Aug of 17 Jeff told me 3 trailers were being delivered and I am now number 22 on the list. Checked back in 3/18 and told early Aug of 18 for delivery. Checked mid July and was told that I am now 8 on the list. I confronted Jeff on his numbers and he stated they were building one trailer a month!

I saved everything and only communicated via email. And since I am in Ohio it maybe worth a trip to the hearing.

I did place my deposit on CC. However, I don't have high hopes on a chargeback due to the length of time. I will be contacting AG for my State and NC to make sure I have filed everything I need to.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

ElvisJeep87

Don't know if this will help sort out some of the lies and excuses. But here is the information I was told to keep me on the hook. My order was placed Mar of 2017, in Aug of 17 Jeff told me 3 trailers were being delivered and I am now number 22 on the list. Checked back in 3/18 and told early Aug of 18 for delivery. Checked mid July and was told that I am now 8 on the list. I confronted Jeff on his numbers and he stated they were building one trailer a month!

I saved everything and only communicated via email. And since I am in Ohio it maybe worth a trip to the hearing.

I did place my deposit on CC. However, I don't have high hopes on a chargeback due to the length of time. I will be contacting AG for my State and NC to make sure I have filed everything I need to.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

We are working with AMEX for our deposit, they are opening a case, so might be worth a try. Also file with the Federal Trade commission.

Pathfinder7

I put my deposit on a CC as well and I am working to get a chargeback. The length of time will make it very difficult to get it resolved, but I’m hitting all avenues at this point in hopes of getting anything.

At the very least, perhaps this will go down the criminal path. Those people should stand to lose everything for running this fraud. It stopped being bad business a year or more ago and just became straight fraud. They knew they were unable to deliver and still they kept taking on orders and money. It’s obvious this was a scheme and hopefully the pressure of a dozen or more AGs will see them broke and in prison for this BS. Fraud in excess of a quarter of a million dollars across state lines should be a pretty serious felony.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Best to get a lawyer involved , the NC Attorney General , local media consumer advocate reporter.

This is massive fraud. I thought I had problems when I had to contact the BBB just to get Wilco Offroad or Autohome to answer an e-mail.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Best to get a lawyer involved , the NC Attorney General , local media consumer advocate reporter.

This is massive fraud. I thought I had problems when I had to contact the BBB just to get Wilco Offroad or Autohome to answer an e-mail.

Damn, you had issues with both of those companies as well?

fireball

Explorer
What's up with Moby? Someone said same story. Seems like they were a bit more legitimate and would be a case of bad business and not downright fraud like this seems to be...

What deposit amounts were you all paying?

Pathfinder7

What's up with Moby? Someone said same story. Seems like they were a bit more legitimate and would be a case of bad business and not downright fraud like this seems to be...

What deposit amounts were you all paying?

The standard Inka deposit was 30% I believe, so nearly $9k.

zimm

Expedition Leader
I put in an order late 2016 after going down to Salt Lake City to get a hands on look at their Inka OHV trailer. Solid build and exactly what I wanted. Paid $9K plus for a deposit bc I was having the works done to this thing. Excuses after excuses for delays. I thought it was funny in his recent public emails that he only mentioned 2017 and 2018 orders while still having unfulfilled 2016 orders. Last I was told I was number 5 in line. So close! Mike's out of our money and I'm an jerk for letting it happen.

If it makes you feel any better, you can have the experience I have, have all the documents in order, have the customer be doing 13 billion a year, and have a judgement for five figures not worth the paper it written on, because you cant squeeze blood from a turnip.

It happens, even when you're prepared. As jaded as I am, I still feel a sense of betrayal. Thieves don't have emotions, victims do. I'd rather be the victim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done a little searching and determined that maybe one of the last trailers posted on Inka's FB page (tan and green with army star on the rear)was delivered right around May 24 of 2018. I have the name based on the comments. And crossed check via public search and found a picture of them camping at a campground in NC. most likely after they picked it up. If my memory is correct they might have been a Nov 2016 order (I am not positive on the month). This would mean that no one from 2017 ever received a trailer.

I started a closed group FB page "Inka outdoors trailer group" This will be a place for victims here and others who may not be on this forum to share information. Maybe all of us together will learn more about the deceptive practices used by this company.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears