Isuzu npr 4wd

gator70

I made so many compromises in the design and approach. One I am not happy with is small sized water tanks that come with the habitat purchase. So I will mount an extra fresh water and grey water tank on the inside frame. This provides for refilling or moving water during boondocking for long periods.

gator70

No Fuso FG for me, the value and price was not right in the USA market. And this truck has a vortec v8 stock.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Will you be making the habitat yourself, or will you be outsourcing that part of the project?
I assume that the plan is to do your own 4x4 conversion, right?

gator70

Yes, I have fabricators, and we use f550 axles. I have a plan well conceived for the habitat. Yet at the last minute I decided to buy it turn key from Australia. It is based on a tray truck. And they supply most of the articulating parts for the tray. With a tray design for my fabricators. Hence the smaller water tanks. The habitat is 5600mm long, yet only takes up 3500mm of bed length. My design which I trashed, would require 4200mm of bed length.

truckprofile.JPG

gator70

Since we fabricate the correct steering geometry using ford knuckles, I might sell a kit.
Super singles was a headache. By using both f550 axles, we made that simpler.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I assume that the habitat will be custom made for you, given that you probably require a mirror of the Australian design for it to be compliant for a left hand drive vehicle.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Yes, that is absolutely true, but it is normally the case that the entry door for the habitat is on the passenger's side or at the rear.
With the entry door on the driver's side you cannot really park on the side of the road and enter or exit the habitat safely.
I do realize that there could be a few complexities with the fitout on the inside too, but have you asked if they can flip the side panels? After all, they are the fabricators of these bodies.
Just sayin'...

For a subframe I won't even tell you, not even a welding workshop is worth it, it has to be manufactured and approved by a second-rate bodybuilder with the appropriate permits from Mercedes.

Ultimark

I assume that the habitat will be custom made for you, given that you probably require a mirror of the Australian design for it to be compliant for a left hand drive vehicle.
I knew I had seen that mounting arrangement somewhere before.

This is from Austral, Qld based importer of made in China slide-on campers, which by all accounts are reasonably good. I understand that they import the unit as a whole, and in Australia outfit the innards with Australian compliant fixtures, refrigerator, stoves, that kind of stuff. I also understood that the 230V AC wiring was Australian compliant and done here, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I know of one person who has their 4.2m slide-on straight camper sitting atop their 4.2m truck tray, this is on the rear of an older NPS 2017-2018 era. From their input they are quite happy, especially as they bought it secondhand. I think it was about 6 months old and had only been used for a lap, but not 100% sure.

Mick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior