Isuzu NPR 4x4 Beast! - Rebelzilla by Rebel Off Road

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Nice front bar and suspension flex - I think you could easily sell these rigs in this 4x4 configuration - wonder what the price would be perhaps without the beadlock rims... compared to a fuso (which isn't available in a crewcab or with the hi/lo transfer case) with a conversion to super singles and better springs - I bet it would be competitive cost-wise and much better off road.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Do the isuzu crew cabs tilt forward for servicing like the standard cab versions?

Amesz00

Adventurer
How are you going for front wheel arch clearance? My FG runs 41" XZLs and while I have full turning ability, they still rub on flex..

DzlToy

Explorer
SO GLAD to see someone who understands suspension, leave it to the SoCal desert guys, lol.

Crew cabs do not tilt forward like a standard without a **** ton of work.

Very nice work on the overall setup, mostly getting rid of the massive wheel gap and stupid plastic trim fill in piece that seems to be de rigueur,

Steering stop adjustment may fix the rubbing issue or the stops may even need to be extended. Somewhat common in the rock crawling world when larger or wider tires are added.

EDIT: what kind of wheel cut do you think you are getting out of the front 60? Any work on the joints to increase it?

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
How are you going for front wheel arch clearance? My FG runs 41" XZLs and while I have full turning ability, they still rub on flex..

Looks like it will be fine with the lift and different axles which position the wheels farther out...

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
So do the NPRs not have all the "modern" systems which typically require work arounds - such as ABS brake sensors, stability control programming, transmission slip sensing etc?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I would have thought this thread would have gotten more interest in that people always are wishing we had crewcab Fuso FG available in North America and the current complaints about the Fuso's lack of low range and problems with the tranny and DEF / regen systems and modern diesels in general with their ULSD requirements.

This is a seven passenger crew cab setup and would easily have the diff locks / gear ratios and wheels of your choice - and easy parts availability (ford axles / chevy engine) and servicing. Seems like a interesting idea to me... but we haven't heard anything on what it would cost to replicate. I was surprised at how cheap the 2WD crewcab Isuzu trucks were new - looks like they go for under $50K USD - which is about the same as a sprinter van.

Anyone else excited about this possibility?

turborobo

Observer
OMG!!

Unreal!! This is a fantasy build! Can't even think what it would cost to replicate! I'm in the process of getting custom kings built for my Nissan NV 4x4 van! Always stoked to see kings on custom builds! This rig is a true one of a kind! Beautiful!! Keep up the awesome work!! Can't wait to see what this project becomes!

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I would have thought this thread would have gotten more interest in that people always are wishing we had crewcab Fuso FG available in North America and the current complaints about the Fuso's lack of low range and problems with the tranny and DEF / regen systems and modern diesels in general with their ULSD requirements.

This is a seven passenger crew cab setup and would easily have the diff locks / gear ratios and wheels of your choice - and easy parts availability (ford axles / chevy engine) and servicing. Seems like a interesting idea to me... but we haven't heard anything on what it would cost to replicate. I was surprised at how cheap the 2WD crewcab Isuzu trucks were new - looks like they go for under $50K USD - which is about the same as a sprinter van.

Anyone else excited about this possibility?

Well, granted that it's interesting, but it's the same thing as many other extreme builds - if you have the money or skill set, nothing is impossible.

But for most folks, they want to be able to go down to the dealership and buy their rig, and do small modifications to it. Then there's that whole warranty thing that folks like too.....

david506th

Adventurer
So pretty much this is a NPR gutted except for the body, frame and a few do-dads from the stock vehicle then mated with everything else? Dont get me wrong, cool stuff and I want but like Czechsix said I prefer to have the majority of my systems repairable and available at worldwide dealerships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998